Page 1 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 1:40 pm

If you could do anything you want, realistic or not (but preferably something obtainable!) what would you like to do for a living?

Me - I'd love to get into voice acting! I can make a million goofy voices and imitations and would ADORE being in commercial voiceover work or providing voices for cartoons and kids' programming! I don't think it's impossible to get either... there is specific training for doing "voiceover" but only a lucky few ever get to be in cartoons...

That one's more likely than the older dream I had of being a film composer (despite having a few big contest winners...) which has pretty much fizzled out. :(

Last edited by BlueMax on 29 Oct 2012, 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 2:25 pm

Very strangely, I wanted to do that at college but was talked out of it. :? If only my interests hadn't been so heavily put down by people over the years. Still, I guess I had the option not to listen to them. I used to *love* doing impressions, and I used to be good at it.

Dream job now? Err, who am I again?

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 2:28 pm

Being self-employed as a jeweler or knitting designer.

I've done some voice-over work, but not exactly acting. It was to be used in a computer-based training program for paper mill employees.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 4:43 pm

Completely unobtainable: Professional Baseball Player -- In reality, I was the worst player on my little league team and the only game we ever won was when another team forgot to show up and forfeited the game. To the best of my knowledge, we never even got a run. I never even got to first base.

Nearly Completely Obtainable: Supreme Court Justice -- Of course, I'd have to become a lawyer to even have a chance at that and it is undoubtedly too late at this point.

Dream job and could have been obtainable (if I had finished my PhD): Scientific researcher. My main interest was in the application of principles to robotics learned from studying human, animal, and insect adaptations.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 5:06 pm

Starship Captain

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 5:23 pm

Obtainable: Something where I can make enough money to support my hobbies without working myself to death.

Semi-obtainable: High-dollar investor.

Completely unobtainable: Author and musician.

You will reap what you've sown.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 5:36 pm

I'd love to be a field researcher, observing a group of animals all day, in peace. Then I'd do the data analysis, but someone else would do the write-up of my findings :)

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 5:43 pm

To own my own club. Something similar to 'The Bronze' from buffy the vampire slayer. Would wind up having a bar, a small venue style stage, a dancefloor area and such. Would likely have an industrial theme to it. I got plenty of ideas for it as well. Would have its under 21 nights as well.

The only obstacle? Money and the legal side of things such as permits and whatnot.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

AProudHillbilly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Oct 2012, 5:54 pm

Guide, librarian, stocking shelves at an office supply company, buying and selling firearms and firearms related accessories.

I accept PMs from females only. Sorry. Personal convictions.

Fiona_G
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Oct 2012, 8:46 pm

Film composer or some kind of field research involving reptiles. I always struggle with knowing whether a career path is obtainable or not, so usually shy away from my dreams :roll:

Last edited by Fiona_G on 29 Oct 2012, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 8:46 pm

I never really had a "dream job" desire of whatever, I do want a slow pace, low pressure job within an office doing something on the lines of computer system/database development. It has to be a slower pace with no or low pressure to work at my own relatively fast pace without getting overwhelmed. Unfortunately that is not a realistic ideal in any form so, I'm stuck in the benefits trap.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 8:51 pm

Being my own boss, and working at a job that is satisifying as well challenging enough to keep it interesting. I would love a job that helps people, pays decently, and allows me to be my own boss. Also I would be willing to hire an NT assistant to help me navigate difficult situations that may arise when I own my own business. :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 10:55 pm

so far unobtainable- digital audio restoration technician. :hmph:

kistrale
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Oct 2012, 3:16 am

My dream job is to become an CEO of a Web company . Right now , I am a web developer from a certain company . Good thing I found a good employer from an online job search .

melmaclorelai
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Oct 2012, 9:34 am

I don't really have a dream job, but rather jobs that I am interested in and am unsure if I'd be able to do them in this world.

I love the idea of event management and tourism management. I love to make lists and organize things and allocate things in sections or categories. I'm really good at doing that for myself, so I don't see why it would be any different doing it for other people, except for that whole "socially awkward college student with no job experience" thing.

I'd also really like to work with horses. It wouldn't have to be glamourous - I'd be okay with loading hay bales and so on. But I've always loved horses and they don't care how socially awkward I am as long as I'm nice to them and look after them properly.

Anything relatively easy that doesn't require much social interaction would be an ideal job for me. It would also be great if I could do it at night - I'm a complete night owl. I'd go to bed at 5 or 6 am every night if I could.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 10:10 am

I guess this is a bit more than a "job", but: founder of a software company that creates a product used by millions. Preferably something that changes the world. Preferably for the better.