Do you always hate the people you work with?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 5:43 pm

Do you always hate or end up hating the people you work with or most of them?

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 5:57 pm

No, I usually liked most of the people I worked with.

Some of them became very good friends because we had common obsessions, which is why we worked there in the first place.

The people I had issues with usually had issues with me first. They were always mid-level management types, whose sphincters clenched anytime somebody did something differently than they were used to.

They would say things like "I want workers who think outside the box" and then proceed to crush anyone who exhibited creativity or a free spirit or proffered an idea that didn't fall in line with their grand plan.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 6:04 pm

Overt the years I've had several clueless managers who made me pull my hair out. I guess that's inevitable. Between you and the bosses, they choose to please the bosses first.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 9:46 pm

my boss says that we are a team and work together-but some are exceptions and do not have to-like his favorites and they get special treatment and get away with not following the rules but I get yelled at and told to be quiet when I have information to share-they do nt want to hear from the defective employee

TreeShadow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2013, 9:56 pm

Well, I generally end up disliking most people I meet, but I actually do like most of my coworkers. I got lucky to work in an office that has a lot of intelligent and motivated individuals who actually care about doing their job correctly. This makes it much easier to like them.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 10:34 pm

Willard wrote:
No, I usually liked most of the people I worked with.

Some of them became very good friends because we had common obsessions, which is why we worked there in the first place.

The people I had issues with usually had issues with me first. They were always mid-level management types, whose sphincters clenched anytime somebody did something differently than they were used to.

They would say things like "I want workers who think outside the box" and then proceed to crush anyone who exhibited creativity or a free spirit or proffered an idea that didn't fall in line with their grand plan.

yes, saying you want your employee to exhibit creativity or initiative and then punishing them when they do it seems common. My work has those people in it.

the people I have issues with are the people that say "do that job like this" and then months down the track tell you off for doing the job the exact way they told you to do it all that time ago.
Also those people that spread rumours about you behind your back. and those people who come to work with the primary goal of making life worse for everyone (these people also seem to be the boss' favourite).

kifotv
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Oct 2013, 1:37 am

The people that I don't like at work are the same people I don't like outside of work. As tweety said, people that spread rumors, start arguments, and organize people against other people are the worst for me.

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 2:01 am

I've liked most of my coworkers over the years, and especially like the ones I have now. Why?

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2013, 6:27 am

Not hate them per say but I take a while to get use to and feel comfortable around new people.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 7:40 am

I love the people I work with actually. They're some of the nicest and most intelligent people I've ever met.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 11:43 am

I always enjoy getting to know the people who I work with but then once I know them I get bored and I have to get a new job to meet new people.

I can't ever remember hating anyone I've worked with. Although, there has been a certain amount of conflict in the past.

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 1:39 pm

TreeShadow wrote:
Well, I generally end up disliking most people I meet, but I actually do like most of my coworkers. I got lucky to work in an office that has a lot of intelligent and motivated individuals who actually care about doing their job correctly. This makes it much easier to like them.

What did u do in the office job?

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 1:44 pm

What I do not like is Bosses who think that anyone who is creative and thinks outside of the box must be a mentally ill deviant who should be fired and put on disability.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 1:46 pm

My last boss was really good. He was a believer in minimal work and maximum breaks.

That suited me fine. :D

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 1:55 pm

Most bosses believe in the work ethic that the job should be as back breaking as possible.

TreeShadow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2013, 9:56 pm

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
TreeShadow wrote:

What did u do in the office job?

I work in university administration. My particular office writes and enforces policy for academic appointees. It can be very detailed and requires a lot of memorization and analysis.