Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 8:35 pm

I have an interview for a Mail and Calendar Clerk position at a law firm tomorrow. . What I am nervous about is that this is my first interview since my Autistic burnout, diagnosis and the radically changed understanding of myself. I used to have the interview scripts down reasonably well but it has been a very long time. But in general I wonder if I do get hired have my skills eroded to much.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2015, 10:00 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I have an interview for a Mail and Calendar Clerk position at a law firm tomorrow. . What I am nervous about is that this is my first interview since my Autistic burnout, diagnosis and the radically changed understanding of myself. I used to have the interview scripts down reasonably well but it has been a very long time. But in general I wonder if I do get hired have my skills eroded to much.

Congrats on the interview. Try not to be too nervous. I think once you're back in the situation, you'll be guided by the things you've done in the past... we internalize skills if we practice them long enough.

Let us know how it goes.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 1:36 am

They will make decision Tuesday. I am poor in judging how others are reacting to and in most situations interviewers are stoic anyway. I was interviewed by the owner and a associate, not a HR pro. I only know the owner for 5 minutes so I do not know if that is good or bad. But I do know being interviewed by HR is usually very bad for autistic people.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 5:09 pm

Good luck on the interview, buddy.

From a fellow New Yorker