Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 11:12 pm

I feel like I'm cursed. I have been looking for a better job for a while, but no one wants to hire me. The only reason I got my last two jobs was because family members were working in those jobs. I have a job, it doesn't pay well enough.

I send application after application. I'm tired of fast food and I am about to go bloody murder. I want a good decent paying job.

I have had three years of college and only needed one year to graduate. I have worked for three non profit organizations and have learned with those organizations how to do things like data entry. Not only that, but I have been working with software nearly all my life.

Just hire me.

7.78 is barely making ends every 1st and 30th. I struggle at some point for money before the 30th. What am I lacking? I'm friendlyish, I have the skills. I know how to work machines and software programs I have been doing that sort of thing since I was young. I have taken courses that would lead to a better job.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 11:51 pm

Thanks for sharing.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 9:58 am

Feel for you. Been there. Still there.

I have a job now, but it's less than I was making, and having applied for better jobs FOR YEARS and hardly ever getting an interview is very frustrating.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 10:58 am

Sometimes it's just a matter of luck.

Keep trying and hang in there. :)

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 11:44 am

Pandora_Box wrote:
The only reason I got my last two jobs was because family members were working in those jobs.

It is repeated to the point of cliche, but I have found it ever so true: many jobs opportunities arise through personal networking. So for an Aspie like me it has always been a struggle.

DoubleCatrin
Toucan
Toucan

20 Feb 2014, 11:45 am

It doesn't have to be your fault Pandora :(
Don't blame yourself for not getting a better job, it's not about who you are or what your skills are sometimes :(

imaginary? bartender at
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=262032&start=285