Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Onoma
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Nov 2014, 4:35 am

I'm quiet upset because I really thought this place had a position for me but I didn't do so well at interview.
Usually I interview well and give them all the great phony answers that they want, but for no reason at all I gave different answers this time.

I'm so disappointed in myself and I do not why I didn't just act the same as I normally do. I think it may have been because they kept me waiting an hour before they interviewed me because they 'run over' so by the time I went in I was not thinking straight.

Also they made me do this stupid test and though I knew most of the answers, when they took the calculator away I think I messed up big time because I started to feel like a cloud had got into my brain.

I'm very disappointed because there were great opportunities for me and they thought I was a good candidate and then I went and socially screwed everything up, yet again, and then I messed up that maths question and now look innumerate. I didn't demonstrate how good I really am at the role at all.

I am so mad at myself for not sticking to the rehearsed answerers. My partner pointed out that maybe they will be fed up of hearing rehearsed answers all the time so I might be ok but I feel so stupid, I messed up again but this time at an interview. I am fed up of messing up social stuff all the time, I want to be normal and get a job :(

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2014, 6:16 am

I really blew an interview once, at a place where someone I knew basically said there was a position available for me. I thought it was a sure thing. I was really embarrassed. I feel your pain.

I did not get the job. I hope your situation turns out better than mine.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2014, 8:03 am

I hope you got the job, anyway. Maybe they ARE fed up with "rehearsed" answers.

Even if you don't get the job, keep on plugging!

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2014, 9:22 am

Adapt the attitude the place that hires you will be lucky. Don't go to an interview and act submissively.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2014, 9:24 am

I would act with quiet confidence, not overt confidence.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2014, 4:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Maybe they ARE fed up with "rehearsed" answers.

They probably are
https://www.themuse.com/advice/are-you- ... ref=search

A can see a lot of Autistics having a problem with this issue.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Onoma

09 Nov 2014, 6:15 am

Thanks for the responses guys. I still feel terrible about it but I will have to keep on trying anyway.

I'm taking a look at that link now.