Got back from a job interview.

I thought it went well.

Check my e-mail...rejection e-mail already in the inbox. :(

WTF? What wasn't there to like? :evil:

b_edward
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jun 2014, 3:54 pm

I had a similar experience one time but I had a guy on the inside... he told me that the VP who I shook hands with, on the way out, did not like my handshake and shot me down. Otherwise I would have had the job.

Other problems I've had (many years ago) were fauxpaus like complaining about my previous employer and such.

michael517
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2014, 4:24 pm

Ouch.

I send your way a virtual beer.

b_edward
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jun 2014, 4:28 pm

Gee, they could at least wait a few days so it doesn't just feel like adding insult to injury!

thechameleon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jun 2014, 6:30 pm

It's amazing that they replied within days...

Honestly, at the very least you should be happy you missed out on the days of refreshing your emails. xd

AutumnSylver
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jun 2014, 7:49 pm

That kind of thing happens to me a lot, too. I have an interview that I think went well (the interviewer says "perfect" every time I answer a question, and things like that), then I end up not getting the job. I never know why, either.
But these days, there are so many people looking for work, and so few jobs, they can afford to be really picky with who they hire. They can reject you if they don't like your hair colour, or if they don't like your shoes or some stupid reason like that.

nldedout
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Jun 2014, 8:05 pm

I had the same thing happen once, and it was after, upon the interviewing organization's request, I'd begged two supervisors to write me letters of recommendations in a 24 hour time frame! I was pretty peeved. I've also had interviews go well and not get the job. I think it doesn't mean you did poorly, it just might be that there were several other good candidates as well and only one could get picked. Like someone else said earlier I'm usually happy to get a rejection form letter at all these days. Most places just never bother to contact me again.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2014, 8:54 pm

Well, two things get me mad.

1. It's possible they had already decided on who they wanted BEFORE my interview. They claim they forgot to print out my application, so I gave them a resume they could make copies of. Odd, though, but likely if they weren't invested in the interview but were required to do it.

2. If they had already decided I wasn't getting the job, I wish they had told me because I had another interview with the same company (different position) about an hour later. It was part-time, and basically a "temp" who floats wherever they are needed...can get as many hours as I wanted, but still part-time and no benefits. I decided to nix that opportunity at the interview because if I was hired, I'd be committed to the position for at least 6 months before I could accept another job offer within the company. Since I want full-time with benefits, I didn't want to miss out on opportunities I was trying for or have to hope there were full-time opportunities still around after my 6 months ended. HAD I KNOWN, I would have gone ahead with the part-time position and waited to see what happened. Before dinner I would have been glad I didn't turn it down, but not knowing better, I did. :evil: