Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2014, 6:27 am

In an hour I start the commute to Voc-rehab This can go one of two ways A) they will help me in finding and/or securing an office job which will help not only for present day but for future goals I have set or B) they will stick me in a mcjob with low wages and say that's the best they can do while I continue to think about making ends meet.

Anyways,
You guys wish me the best I've never done this kinda thing before.

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2014, 8:55 am

JoelFan wrote:
In an hour I start the commute to Voc-rehab This can go one of two ways A) they will help me in finding and/or securing an office job which will help not only for present day but for future goals I have set or B) they will stick me in a mcjob with low wages and say that's the best they can do while I continue to think about making ends meet.

Anyways,

~fingers crossed~ Hope they can help you find something decent. Let us know how it went.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2014, 9:02 am

I wish you excellent luck. You'll do fine. You'll be like the Piano Man himself.

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2014, 10:23 am

Good luck. I really hope things go well for you. :)

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2014, 4:59 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish you excellent luck. You'll do fine. You'll be like the Piano Man himself.

Yep you were right about that one! Got into a fender bender got cited so now I cringe at how much the fine will be (prob triple digits) and how much my premiums will sky rocket prob 25%...I just wish I could throw out a re-packaged greatest hits CD to off set the upcoming costs of everything :-/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 10:29 pm

JoelFan wrote:

Anyways,

I just completed day 3 of a 2 month VR training program.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 11:51 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
JoelFan wrote:

Anyways,

I just completed day 3 of a 2 month VR training program.

Yea how was it any tidbits on what to expect.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 12:01 am

Sorry about the fender-bender. Did you go to Vocational yet?

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 2:46 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Sorry about the fender-bender. Did you go to Vocational yet?

I've completed the Orientation phase now I gotta wait a week or two and call my "case Worker" (hate saying makes me feel like a convict)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 7:44 am

I wouldn't feel like a "convict" with a caseworker--more like a "client."

Anyway--please tell us how it went--your information would be useful for others who seek employment.

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 9:00 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wouldn't feel like a "convict" with a caseworker--more like a "client."

Anyway--please tell us how it went--your information would be useful for others who seek employment.

If there's a way you could put you want to know in question form I'd be more then happy to answer whatever I can

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 9:15 am

I was stating an opinion: I don't associate "caseworker" with "convict." Many people have caseworkers--most of them are law-abiding.

I was asking you: would you mind if you posted an account of how everything went at vocational rehabilitation, especially after you get a job. I believe your information would be useful for others who are seeking employment.

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 10:34 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I was stating an opinion: I don't associate "caseworker" with "convict." Many people have caseworkers--most of them are law-abiding.

I know I had noting against your opinion...

kraftiekortie wrote:
I was asking you: would you mind if you posted an account of how everything went at vocational rehabilitation, especially after you get a job. I believe your information would be useful for others who are seeking employment.

I'll keep that in mind right now I've just completed the orientation which just gave the basics on how the vochab program works what to expect and what not to meaning that they will help provide resources (job training financial loans towards a degree in college for the field one what's to get in (if applicable) and will possibly be an advocate for the person whom is interested in getting a job with a company Application/resume writing and interviewing skills and provide access to assistive technology to help one find a job. What they will not do is look for a job for someone or "make" any potential employer hire you.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 10:38 am

Yep...you hit the nail on the head.