Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

lauriefrance
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2015, 12:15 am

So I am now in my second semester of college and I NEED money. I've tried applying for jobs, I've tried to get some babysitting jobs, nothing is working. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to earn some money? Any ideas would be appreciated!! Thanks!

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 11:26 pm

lauriefrance wrote:
So I am now in my second semester of college and I NEED money. I've tried applying for jobs, I've tried to get some babysitting jobs, nothing is working. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to earn some money? Any ideas would be appreciated!! Thanks!

I prefer work from home gigs. I write and edit now, but, in the not-to-distant past, I did some crowd-sourcing. Amazon's Mechanical Turk was my favorite, once I found some good gigs.

lauriefrance
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Feb 2015, 12:11 am

How would one go about getting one of those jobs?

Clopin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Feb 2015, 9:59 pm

lauriefrance wrote:

My question as well. I'm in a bind myself, no work and no college education, a work-from-home gig would be perfect, but everything I find winds up being a scam.

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 11:45 pm

lauriefrance wrote:

For the Amazon one, just sign up and start looking through the available hits. Once you get a few completed (and marked as acceptable by the creator), you can qualify for other ones.

As for the rest, Google... read articles from known news sources on the crowdsourcing sites and apps to verify they're legit.

My other home gigs (writing, editing, tech-editing, hardware reviews), I got through having my blog and being approached by other writers and editors (if they're too busy to take a gig, they like to help out their clients by referring them to another person who is reliable).

ElsaFlowers
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Feb 2015, 3:29 am

There are quite a few free e-books on Amazon about making money from blogging. I wish I was creative enough to do this. I'd like to learn web design because I could make money from home if I could do that and I don't think it would involve much social interaction.

I really wish I could find a way quickly to make money from home as going out to work causes me way to much anxiety :(

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2015, 3:33 am

Go to one of those temp labor places. You can work in an office or construction or whatever on a day to day basis.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com