Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 10:04 pm

I'm unsure if I should mention the people who inspire me on LinkedIn because my mom might be watching me. She told me not to show my photo or mention my ASD or my birthday on LinkedIn or any other social networking sites since those things are too personal. I do indirectly mention how I'm Jewish because of my connections, but I don't think she was annoyed with that. I know my mom will be pissed if I ignore her, and since I'm still living under my parents' roof, I feel that I have to do what they want me to do.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2015, 7:47 am

I sometimes get really frustrated with LinkedIn. I'm "connected" to a lot of people that I worked with or went to school with in the past and they seem to be on there alot. I've tried to get back in touch with them to talk to them about what I'm doing now, but I can't get anyone to talk back to me. I haven't bothered to keep up with people I used to work with, but I would think SOMEONE would be interested enough to reply. I've gotten random emails from old people before, so it shouldn't be that unusual.

It really irks me because there are some experts that could help with my project and the only way I can find them is on that stupid site.

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2015, 12:04 pm

I was not talking about reconnecting with friends and colleagues. I just wanted to "follow" educational web show creators & educational web comic creators.