Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

totierne
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 May 2007, 3:54 pm

I work in Ireland and so I am slightly harder tp fire than in U.S.A.

I just feel my capability slipping away and my only hope is to take some time off to gain some self respect and knowledge in some area. I work as a computer programmer, but it has got do diverse that my ability to be a control freak about the area I am in is no longer possible.

Yes communications is shot to hell, yes I should be giving more feedback to my boss but it is all bad news.

I am also bipolar so there is always disability for a while but I would be dreaming if I thought I was going to get better at bipolar or asperger's.

Oh well nobody said it was going to be easy and I should be glad I have got away with it so far: 13 years experience.

I have looked at other jobs but I am not sure I would survive the probationary period.

Regards,
Turlochr

the-over-analyzed
Toucan
Toucan

14 May 2007, 10:32 pm

yeah. So have you ever though about maybe changing fields? I mean, could that be an option? And if so what would be the positives and negatives with this?

totierne
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 May 2007, 4:24 pm

I reckon I have to work in a Computer Software related field - it is what I am least bad at. I will stick with my current line until I get fired, as I would have a probationary period else where. My own ideas on what might pay and not be too right wing would be done by a graduate with two years experience better than I would do them. Experience counts for desparation littele else !

Ho hum telephone interview 9am Friday.

Regards,
Turloch