Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2021, 6:50 pm

Is it a good idea to take a job as a teacher's aid even if you have a teacher certification and hold a B.A. in education? I ask because it's hard to find work when you're fresh out of college. :?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2021, 7:03 pm

A good job offer you receive now is better than the perfect job offer you never receive.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2021, 7:30 pm

I don't think it will do any harm. You can always change jobs in the future if a more suitable job comes up. Are you in a job now?

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 12:29 am

It's a good idea if that's what you want. Are you asking for yourself? If you've been offered the job, I don't see what the problem is. If you have not yet been offered a job, you might consider that your degree may make you seem over-qualified, and that the employer might also be hesitant to hire someone of your age (your user info says you are 60).

If those things came up in a job interview, in your place I'd try to make it seem like I was looking for a more low-key, sort of post-retirement job or something less stressful than teaching so that the employer wouldn't be worried that someone with your level of maturity might quit relatively soon.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2021, 3:47 pm

Yes that is a good idea. My wife is a teacher and she often talks about how the new teachers in her building had no idea what the job entailed when they started. As an aide you can assist a teacher and learn while on the job without having to be in charge of the class.
I got my alternative certification to teach high school a few years ago but never actually got a teaching job. Its a good thing too because the public school environment is not for me.
Being an aide for a while will give you an idea of what the job is like on a day to day basis without the commitment of a full time job. Good luck!