Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 5:59 pm

As I said before, I was already hired to a position in Michigan, but I got a surprise, the Federal position is interested in me and did a phone interview! The other position I found out is teaching about birds of prey specifically. The job I was already hired for has some bird of prey involvement but I would be doing a wide variety of things other than that. The Federal job pays better but other than that the job I was already hired to is one month longer, I get animal handling experience and I get to see my husband when I'm not working or even I have the option of finding separate housing for me and my husband, the Federal job I would have to leave my husband about 1000 miles away!

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 7:18 pm

I am so happy for you! Your employment at a suitable job is a long time in coming. It's very important that you remain centered and stable so that these initial positions eventually lead to something with long-term stability.

Congratulations!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 7:25 pm

Is the Federal job a permanent civil service position? If so, I might consider taking it.

You would get a pension, and it would be hard to fire you if they wanted to fire you.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 10:12 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Is the Federal job a permanent civil service position? If so, I might consider taking it.

You would get a pension, and it would be hard to fire you if they wanted to fire you.

The Federal job is only 5 months long... The one I already got hired to is actually longer...

And my uncle agreed to look after my husband while I work as long as I come back on my days off, but now one of my aunt's is badmouthing me on Facebook saying I need to give up the job because it is more important to take care of/be with a spouse, but my husband and my uncle want to see me working and told me to ignore her, but she's still saying nasty things. I have a very hard time with conflicts like this.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 10:13 pm

Unfriend the aunt.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 10:16 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Unfriend the aunt.

The aunt lives only a couple houses from here... She'd just come over and chew me out 8O

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 10:19 pm

She actually said I was "trying to throw away my husband" and her son lives on no income so why do we need more... Etc...

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 10:27 pm

What happened to your plan to move away? Your relatives are truly wacko, and they cause you so much distress!

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2018, 7:29 am

BeaArthur wrote:
What happened to your plan to move away? Your relatives are truly wacko, and they cause you so much distress!

I researched housing in the new area and it costs too much, plus I learned I had to tell the place almost right away if I was going to stay in their housing or not. So husband is going to stay with uncle while I work, I had to agree to come back home on days I had off and also compensate him well of course.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2018, 9:20 am

The main thing is relatives that believe in "traditional" values and that husband's and wives have to always live together while me and my husband are not like that and my husband is even looking into possibly getting his own apartment when I'm working! We always have video chat and with this job I'm going to be with him two days out of the week since I'm working 5 days a week. According to the nature centers own policy I can have a guest stay with me for 48 hours in a row if I so choose too.