Page 8 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

09 Nov 2018, 2:46 pm

Well its better than homelessness, some have no cjoice.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 2:48 pm

Fos11 wrote:
Even if i wanted to there are just not enough jobs,

You don't even know that. You haven't looked yet.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 2:48 pm

Fos11 wrote:
Well its better than homelessness, some have no choice.
Homelessness ain't so bad -- it gave me the incentive to join the Navy instead of feeling sorry for myself and driving people away.

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

09 Nov 2018, 2:49 pm

We do not have a navy here or a professional army, atleast not many professional soldiers.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2018, 2:50 pm

Fos11 wrote:
I can speak from experience on this one and the evidence proves there isn't. I want to agree more but then maybe if you have apprenticeship opportunities in your area then all can't be lost. You aren't even 20, so keep looking. Not really my place, but can't you start in the cruise industry and go on some placements travelling. See about that first then reassess your final options.

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

09 Nov 2018, 2:56 pm

Well i dont have a good education

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 2:58 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Fos11 wrote:
You don't even know that. You haven't looked yet.
He seems to want us to believe in his little fantasy world where work never pays, and where job don't exist. Gach! I used to have a brother-in-law like that. Always crying and whining about how life isn't fair, nobody likes him, nobody wants him around, and how he'd be better off dead. He made me sick! I spent good money on putting him through forklift school and lining up three interviews for him.

Know what he did?

He never showed up to any one of those interviews! He claimed that they wouldn't hire him anyway because "life isn't fair, nobody likes me...", et cetera. I kicked his sorry a$$ to the curb, threw his belongings out there with him, and told him that two of those three employers would have hired him on the spot just for showing up! Of course, he refused to believe that it would have been that easy.

Last I saw of him, he was living in a cheap double-wide with four other losers, playing cheap video games, and showing off his forklift driver's certificate.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2018, 3:00 pm

:idea:

Fos11 wrote:
We do not have a navy here or a professional army, atleast not many professional soldiers.

Some of the old timers here, might try and give you a last chance saloon option, but the forces is not really something just anyone can put their mind to. When you get to the medical thru can just fail you anyway. Plus the gradr options vary according to rank, and I know of some people who went from cruise hospitality into being ship moraled for their nations pride, and well, let's just say not all got their medals.
Sticking to the facts and what you really want to do or are curious about doing, will bring new positive things to come. Your generation is the new tidal wave of today, so ride it out.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 3:00 pm

Fos11 wrote:

Fos11 wrote:
We do not have a navy here or a professional army, at least not many professional soldiers.

Fos11 wrote:
Well i dont have a good education

:roll: Excuses, excuses ...

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 3:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
Fos11 wrote:
... Not every autist is as successfull as you, in fact most live off welfare.
Evidence, please?

Sure, not everyone is as successful as I. Then again, not everyone takes as much pride as you seem to in hating work and wanting their parents to support them forever.

If you are disabled -- that is, certifiably incapable of working due to mental and/or physical disabilities -- then fine, you have a REAL disability that keeps you unemployed.

NEWS FLASH: Laziness is not a disability, it's a choice. Choosing to not earn a living when you are fully capable is a disgrace to you and your family, and totally unworthy of respect.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/disabl.pdf

Look at Table 1. Compare the group of non-disabled and not in labor force vs. disabled and not in labor force. Look by individual age brackets. Those who are disabled are more likely to be not in the labor force then employed and for the non-disabled it is the converse. It holds true no matter the age bracket. I think the stats back up what Fos11 says.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 3:06 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Fos11 wrote:
... Not every autist is as successfull as you, in fact most live off welfare.
Evidence, please? Sure, not everyone is as successful as I. Then again, not everyone takes as much pride as you seem to in hating work and wanting their parents to support them forever. If you are disabled -- that is, certifiably incapable of working due to mental and/or physical disabilities -- then fine, you have a REAL disability that keeps you unemployed. NEWS FLASH: Laziness is not a disability, it's a choice. Choosing to not earn a living when you are fully capable is a disgrace to you and your family, and totally unworthy of respect.
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/disabl.pdf
Look at Table 1. Compare the group of non-disabled and not in labor force vs. disabled and not in labor force. Look by individual age brackets. Those who are disabled are more likely to be not in the labor force then employed and for the non-disabled it is the converse. It holds true no matter the age bracket. I think the stats back up what Fos11 says.
Sure, and while it may back up what he says about disability vs. employment, it does nothing to justify his claims that work doesn't pay, that there aren't any jobs to be had, and that nobody will hire him anyway.

He chooses to be lazy, and that's his only real problem.

Last edited by Fnord on 09 Nov 2018, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

09 Nov 2018, 3:06 pm

Do you really think the poor are lazy?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 3:08 pm

Fos11 wrote:
Do you really think the poor are lazy?
I never said that. Besides, YOU claim to be lazy, and we're talking about YOU.

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

09 Nov 2018, 3:09 pm

S9 you think i could get a decent job yes? Even as a highschool dropout?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 3:12 pm

Fos11 wrote:
S9 you think i could get a decent job yes? Even as a highschool dropout?
I think that you can get a job that will eventually pay a living wage, but only if you work at it!

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

09 Nov 2018, 3:13 pm

Ok but can you understand that i am scared? Because i have anxiety.