Boss acting mad at me for no reason?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2019, 7:00 pm

I dont know whats wrong with my boss lately, but she's been acting real stern lately. I forgot to clock out and ran back to do so. She ended up snapping at me "that im a piece of crap and why we dont get raises" but then proceeded to give me a free breakfast sandwich on my break, for coming in when im called. Today she didnt say good morning to me, like normal and if she talked to me it was in z stern voice

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 4:47 am

She's probably under some pressure of her own.
For instance, she might be feeling like she's allowed people too much slack and is trying to rein things in. Or that you've become too familiar with her and she needs to exert her authority.
I suggest you try not to take it personally.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 10:33 am

The boss doesn't seem like she's too stable.....

How long have you been working at this place? Do you have good health insurance from this job?

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2019, 11:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

How long have you been working at this place? Do you have good health insurance from this job?

Since june amd no it's jsut a fast food job

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 9:42 pm

There could be a reason why the boss is "acting mad", but the boss did not tell you

It might not be personal

Scapegoat

It could be personal. Maybe she does not like your demeanor.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2019, 10:18 am

angelofdarkness wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Since june amd no it's jsut a fast food job

Those kinds of jobs are brutal and the people who run them are mean.

TrippyRabbit99
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Jan 2019, 12:55 pm

She may be having some person issues like others suggested. I have found that NTs usually hate us for no reason though there's just something about us that urks them :?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 12:11 am

angelofdarkness wrote:
I dont know whats wrong with my boss lately, but she's been acting real stern lately.

"Stern" is vague and subjective. She might treat everyone like that. Or maybe you did something wrong.

I forgot to clock out and ran back to do so. She ended up snapping at me "that im a piece of crap and why we dont get raises"

Based on your description , it sounds to me like she grossly overreacted

However, please do not expect her to be perfect

Bosses are people too and have their own mental illnesses and criminal conviction

but then proceeded to give me a free breakfast sandwich on my break, for coming in when im called. Today she didnt say good morning to me,

Please pick your battles

like normal and if she talked to me it was in z stern voice

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 1:12 pm

At my old job my boss went through that. She knew I had Asperger's, and was all nice to me in the first year. Then in the second year she started taking her frustrations out on me. She even yelled at me for something I didn't do, and when I tried telling her it wasn't me, she argued that it was and made me feel like a liar. Then she kept putting me on tasks she knew I didn't like, and kept accusing me of not doing my work properly. I really don't know why she started being like that towards me, but I talked to the management about it and they had a little meeting with her. To this day I'll never know what was said, but after that she started being nice to me again.