Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

bigbadbeast2020
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jul 2019, 8:28 pm

Why is is so hard to find a job now days in western society without Bureaucracy!
even with low level jobs. in the 70's you could just walk of street and ask for a job and the boss would give you a trial and if you done a good job your hired!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 8:49 pm

bigbadbeast2020 wrote:
Why is is so hard to find a job now days in western society without Bureaucracy?
Because any person from off the street could be a slacker, a druggie, a drop-out, or even a closet terrorist. Hiring bureaucracies were put into place to weed out the losers from the winners.
bigbadbeast2020 wrote:
Even with low-level jobs. In the 70's you could just walk of street and ask for a job and the boss would give you a trial and if you done a good job your hired!
Were you even around in the 1970s? I was. There was a recession going on back then. The only jobs I ever got as a walk-in involved scut work -- janitorial, mostly. Once I finished my degree, jobs were much easier to find. So if you want people to hire you, then you need to have the skills that they want -- something significantly more than the ability to sign your name and remember what day it is.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 6:08 pm

I just read a book about a company without Bureaucracy. The CEO says he formed the company because the bureaucratic company he was at wasn't inclusive. Then he notes the irony when one (of 100s) of employees is let go (excluded) from his company because the employee demanded more bureaucracy. So there is at least one out there. Like you said, they do trials and provide feedback, work in pairs that rotate...

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 9:32 am

I just got a job not even 1 mile from my house.......walked in, filled out application and got the job. There's plenty of work out there if you want it. I have to note though....the job I did get is a bottom of the bucket crappy job lol

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Aug 2019, 9:45 am

guitarman2010 wrote:
I just got a job not even 1 mile from my house.......walked in, filled out application and got the job. There's plenty of work out there if you want it. I have to note though....the job I did get is a bottom of the bucket crappy job lol
Things must be different where your at than where I'm from. I put in lots of apps for minimum wage type jobs when I was looking for work & I barely got any interviews. I was told by an organization that was supposed to help me find a job that I needed to call & ask to have my apps looked over. Whenever I called I was told a similar thing, they get hundreds of apps & don't have time to go through them all.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 8:36 pm

I feel this, and it feels like there is an unfair advantage to people who know how to bs the system and just say the right things, which are not people on the spectrum. This year, I managed to get one inter view, and it was because I was able to excel past the requirements mentioned in the advertisement and feel like I could brag past with earnest what they were looking for, and yet got turned down because apparently no experience in credit. Every job to get experience in credit requires you to have experience already, or I assume know how to play the system.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 12:49 pm

bigbadbeast2020 wrote:
Why is is so hard to find a job now days in western society without Bureaucracy!
even with low level jobs. in the 70's you could just walk of street and ask for a job and the boss would give you a trial and if you done a good job your hired!

Have you maybe tried going to the homepage for the TV channel A&E? They have a new documentary show called the Employables and links to different sites that mainly focus on hiring people with conditions such as autism or tourretes.

Aditya Katap
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Aug 2019, 3:59 am

Excellent Thread!! !

Job creation and unemployment are affected by factors such as aggregate demand, global competition, education, automation, and demographics. In today's highly competitive, finding and hiring the ideal job candidate is quite hard. This is why many companies turn to best recruitment agencies to help them recruit the right people for their open job positions. But before that identify your objective first. Look for the recruitment agency that specialized in your field & that can meet your salary requirements.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2020, 9:05 pm

Many jobs in the States fall under blue collar and white collar work. Blue collar work involves learning a trade, such as plumbing, carpentry, electrician, brick laying etc. Once you learn the trade you can set up your own business. I sense that with the declining population trends in the U.S., blue collar jobs may be in higher demand and also pay good wages.

The neighbor next door is in his late 20's or early 30's. He started working for Roto-Rooter a couple years ago cleaning out drains and septic systems. He learned the trade. He just received his license and now is starting up his own plumbing business. If you are good with your hands, this may be a viable route.