Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

threetoed snail
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Apr 2021, 8:38 pm

In college we were told (mostly by word of mouth) that we should expect a lot of impossible / frustrating / invalid questions as part of the assessment for a position at any high-profile company -- technical / logical / teamwork questions. I think that's fine. Trying to come up with solutions to any problem presented to you and/or identifying how exactly a problem is poorly framed to begin with (or even better, showing how it might actually be solvable, to the surprise of the interviewer) and communicating it all effectively are all essential parts of the job. But I draw the line at personal boundaries. Asking personal questions about likely sensitive matters just seems disrespectful, besides inviting (or actually demanding) insincerity.

If a job description actually includes "bonding" with teammates and following whatever a German Shepherd barks at you and being thankful for it, then whatever. But the world isn't the military.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 9:01 am

Military people learn things like "Tolerance", "Teamwork", "Humility", "Endurance", and "Duty".

You might want to look these words up before your next employment interview.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

threetoed snail
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Apr 2021, 2:27 pm

Fnord wrote:
Military people learn things like "Tolerance", "Teamwork", "Humility", "Endurance", and "Duty".

Wonderful. Doesn't change the fact that that question is disrespectful and should not be suggested to anyone.

Anyway, I don't gain much by staying here any further watching you exalt your holy self and complain about how everybody else is an unworthy slob. Gotta go eat my avocado toast.