Is being a professor the best job?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

samuraivader
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Aug 2021, 8:37 pm

Almost every well-paid job seems very Aspie-unfriendly (not even talking about CEO, just being a boss seems too social). I was thinking on jobs that we could be very good at: librarian, cashier and others. But they aren't in general too economically rewarding. The only one that seems both good at those two things is being a professor.

What do you think? Do you have another job in mind?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 10:32 pm

samuraivader wrote:
Almost every well-paid job seems very Aspie-unfriendly (not even talking about CEO, just being a boss seems too social). I was thinking on jobs that we could be very good at: librarian, cashier and others. But they aren't in general too economically rewarding. The only one that seems both good at those two things is being a professor.

What do you think? Do you have another job in mind?

it is very difficult to get tenure even with PhD.I would just advise public high school teacher over being a professor.Not to mention the student loans.Or maybe jus a civil servant.The colleges and universities are operating more like businesses and as a result you have less tenure track positions.I was listening to a lecture by a professor and he said that the chance of being a nationally known professor with tenure and book deals is about like being a rock star.However, I think it would be kool career.I read that there's lots of competition for professor jobs.Just be sure to get doctorate if you take that road though.