Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2023, 6:55 am

What kind of annoying things and people do you have to put up with at work?

What kind of OSHA violations does your job have?

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2023, 7:18 am

For me, work itself is the annoyance. I don't like being obligated to do anything, I don't like bosses, I don't like not being able to get up, wander off and do something more interesting. I don't like the time it takes up. I never submit to overtime, I never go the extra mile, I just don't care about it. I do it for the money. That's why I've never really climbed the greasy pole, and never earned more money than I need to get through the next month.

LittleZiggy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jun 2023, 11:25 am

Yeah working for a boss is the most soul destroying thing a human being has to do. I mean you're there living under someone else's regime for upto 10 hours a day or more in some cases. It's just horrendous. And not to mention being trapped in the same environment as people who in any other circumstance you just would never even pass the time of day with.

The best places I've worked at have been the roughest places with the roughest people and with very little health and safety rules. Basically all you're required to do is turn up in the morning and the rest of the day you can just dick about and do f**k all.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2023, 11:32 pm

Health and safety.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2023, 12:53 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
What kind of annoying things and people do you have to put up with at work?
People like "The Weasel" . . .

The boss would tell him to deliver important documents, the weasel would "lose" them, claim that he had delivered them personally, and then "suggest" that the recipient had left them somewhere -- exactly where the boss would find them.  He would tell each engineer that another engineer was after their job.  He would tell each hourly worker that they were about to be laid off.  He would "shoulder surf" people to steal their passwords.  He would tell women that certain men were interested in them (and vice-versa).  He would claim other people's efforts as his own.

He was also the boss's nephew, so it took a concerted effort by all of the engineers to collect enough evidence to convince the boss that The Weasel was no good.
shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
What kind of OSHA violations does your job have?
None.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.