Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

15 Feb 2008, 5:45 pm

Lord help me, I shouldnt even complain because I worked SO hard to just get this job. But right now Im not a happy camper.
My supervisor is very strict, the other supervisors on the other shifts are not. They could give a crap if you do this one way or not as long as the end is the same. My CPT is specific and wants perfection.
Hence my problem. I aint perfect.
I catch hell every shift for one thing or another. It doenst matter what Im doing I manage to catch crap from the LT or the CPT over something. I ask questions and am told Im stupid, so I dont ask questions and am told I should have asked and for not asking Im stupid.
I cant go to the chief because some of the stuff should (as told my the CPT) have gotten my butt fired. Most of my distractions are because I have major family problems at home (see post in members only area) and Im a but ADHD as well.
Today, case in point, I didnt know I wasnt supposed to give a copy of something to the person it related to. I just didnt know, it wasnt covered in class and I never ever had in my 9 years in this busness had anyone ask for it. SO, I gave the man a copy of what he asked for. It was his to have, I thought, Oh no, I was WRONG in a million ways. SO I was told that I was useless and my training was useless and that I was not thinking and couldnt be trusted to think and was just stupid. I was asked why the hell I didnt ask first and I said because you told me not to ask a stupid question. Well it was all made better the paperwork was retrieved and no one knew the better of it. So no harm done, the CPT apologized for the yelling and I said I really didnt know. He asked what I DID learn in training and I said that never came up. anyhow, how can I know something is wrong if Ive never been told? How can that warrent a yelling/cursing/fussing/etc at if I really didnt know? Im not stupid, everyone here thinks that I am because I dont "think". I just dont think like they do.
This is not the only butt chewing I have gotten. Others are for not knowing how to troubleshoot mechanical problems in a truck, or for being too slow to check equiptment on daily checks (no one else gets their butt chewed for slowness) I thought I was being careful.
Im just so tired of this crap. I dont get this from the other CPTs Ive worked for. I dont get this at my part time job either. Its always why do you have your nose in a book, if you know so much about history (one of my obsessions) why dont you know about X,Y,orZ.... I cant know it all you see. My b/f said its because Im the only female and they wont ever respect me. (He wants me to go back to what I went to college for) and Im not sure that he isnt right. This has been tough. I fought like a wildcat to get this job, I prayed, and worked and finally made it only to wind up on this shift and to wind up with all of this crap. anyhow....
Being an aspie is never easy, but today it was rough. Please pardon the rant and thanks for letting me vent.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 5:58 pm

I put some spaces for your convenience. No disrespect intended.. venting gives you the right to ignore the enter key :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lord help me, I shouldnt even complain because I worked SO hard to just get this job. But right now Im not a happy camper.

My supervisor is very strict, the other supervisors on the other shifts are not. They could give a crap if you do this one way or not as long as the end is the same. My CPT is specific and wants perfection.

Hence my problem. I aint perfect.

I catch hell every shift for one thing or another. It doenst matter what Im doing I manage to catch crap from the LT or the CPT over something. I ask questions and am told Im stupid, so I dont ask questions and am told I should have asked and for not asking Im stupid.

I cant go to the chief because some of the stuff should (as told my the CPT) have gotten my butt fired. Most of my distractions are because I have major family problems at home (see post in members only area) and Im a but ADHD as well.

Today, case in point, I didnt know I wasnt supposed to give a copy of something to the person it related to. I just didnt know, it wasnt covered in class and I never ever had in my 9 years in this busness had anyone ask for it. SO, I gave the man a copy of what he asked for.

It was his to have, I thought, Oh no, I was WRONG in a million ways. SO I was told that I was useless and my training was useless and that I was not thinking and couldnt be trusted to think and was just stupid. I was asked why the hell I didnt ask first and I said because you told me not to ask a stupid question. Well it was all made better the paperwork was retrieved and no one knew the better of it. So no harm done, the CPT apologized for the yelling and I said I really didnt know. He asked what I DID learn in training and I said that never came up. anyhow, how can I know something is wrong if Ive never been told? How can that warrent a yelling/cursing/fussing/etc at if I really didnt know? Im not stupid, everyone here thinks that I am because I dont "think". I just dont think like they do.

This is not the only butt chewing I have gotten. Others are for not knowing how to troubleshoot mechanical problems in a truck, or for being too slow to check equiptment on daily checks (no one else gets their butt chewed for slowness) I thought I was being careful.

Im just so tired of this crap. I dont get this from the other CPTs Ive worked for. I dont get this at my part time job either. Its always why do you have your nose in a book, if you know so much about history (one of my obsessions) why dont you know about X,Y,orZ.... I cant know it all you see. My b/f said its because Im the only female and they wont ever respect me. (He wants me to go back to what I went to college for) and Im not sure that he isnt right. This has been tough. I fought like a wildcat to get this job, I prayed, and worked and finally made it only to wind up on this shift and to wind up with all of this crap. anyhow....

Being an aspie is never easy, but today it was rough. Please pardon the rant and thanks for letting me vent.

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 6:09 pm

Ladysmokeater, I sure hope you can find a better job soon. Sometimes a prayer is answered to show that it isn't a good idea, after all. Don't feel ungrateful, feel motivated to move on.

bikermark
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Feb 2008, 7:41 pm

I have had similar issues in the past. I won't go into all the "stupid" things that I did "wrong." I will tell you the thing that has helped me the most is having a good Union to back you. I get the impression you are a lady firefighter for some municipality. If you have a Union job, I can give you advice as to how to get them to help you. Most of the time, it is just a matter of bringing these issues to the right persons attention in the Union.

Mark

roguetech
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2008, 3:04 am

You mentioned fighting for this shift, but if it's an option request a transfer to one of the other CPTs based on "conflict of personalities". Course you could always drop the harrasement or discrimination words ;)

Centinela
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Feb 2008, 10:08 pm

I used to have a nasty job like that. It wasn't worth all the crap to stay there and continue to be miserable and treated like dirt.

I ended up suing the company because they wouldn't pay me over time when I legally deserved it. They retaliated and fired me LOL

Oh well. Screw them. I also like the harrasement or discrimination words that roguetech came up with. How about hostile work environment that is causing you to feel anxious and make more mistakes? As an excuse for messups, because they are making you feel bad.

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

18 Feb 2008, 5:40 pm

MysteryFan3 wrote:
Ladysmokeater, I sure hope you can find a better job soon. Sometimes a prayer is answered to show that it isn't a good idea, after all. Don't feel ungrateful, feel motivated to move on.

Never thought of it that way. hummmmm talk about food for thought. :-) thanks

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 5:43 pm

we arent union, and if I requested a transfer it would make things far worse, especally since transfers are a big deal and some one else would have to trade and thus loose vacation time and such. Ive thought about that.
Today was better though, even though I was party to some other stuff getting broken and all. (accidental but broken none the less) stuff breaks when Im around, and I dont even have to touch it. Funny, but not. LOL. Anyhow, Im looking for a better paying job anyhow, and one with better hours perhaps. I think Im so stressed because Im stressed at home and this doesnt make it any easier.