Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 12:34 pm

I won't swallow my pride for this any longer.
Sycophantic attitudes make me think this
world will soon be done with.

MariaRenee
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jul 2008, 4:06 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
I'm worried that, if I get a job somewhere else, there will just be a different set of crud to deal with, and the importance of "sucking up" might still be there (since it seems to be an almost innate human social behavior); there might be worse things too. Really it amazes me that corporations can still turn a profit when there seems to be so much inefficiency (generated by mounds of process, layers of management and bureaucracy, and minuscule division of responsibility that makes it easy for people to pass the buck like a hot potato as if it's some secret that they are fallible and can make mistakes and to admit to an error would just be too devastating). That's another thing: Why are people at work afraid to admit they've made a mistake? Doesn't admitting it make it easier to fix it? Won't people eventually find out anyway? Also, the reliance on perception means those who are most socially skilled but not necessarily talented otherwise can be promoted to ever more important positions, which ensures that less-than-optimal decisions will be made.

I'm sure this is a familiar complaint for others with Asperger's syndrome. How do you deal with it?

Is this your first job? Because you've just described every single office in the Western world. This is how the office works. Sink or swim. :wink: