Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2024, 6:02 pm

honeytoast wrote:
Considering your church teaches about "quiverful" beliefs, yeah get out of that cult lmao.

My church does not teach about quiverfull although my church teaches that Christians should have kids.However my church does not require people to have kids or even have a bunch of kids.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 3:01 am

Why do you actually want to live with your parents?

When I felt ready, I moved away from my (single) mother not because I disliked her but because I felt I wanted to make my own way in the world.

Haven't you ever desired the same thing?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 6:31 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Why do you actually want to live with your parents?

When I felt ready, I moved away from my (single) mother not because I disliked her but because I felt I wanted to make my own way in the world.

Haven't you ever desired the same thing?

I dont want to live with my parents.I live with my parents because my social security check is not enough to cover rent and the waiting list for Section 8 is 7 to 8 years long.I love my parents.I also feel like living with my parents until I am 40 or 50 because its the only way I can save for retirement and let the compound interest do its thing for my stock market investments.I have over 200,000 dollars earmarked for retirement but I dont want to waste my retirement on a temporary issue.

Ideally, I would live in my church of Christ colony I am working on setting up apart from my parents.i have been wanting to live apart from my parents for years.I have no credit and nobody would co-sign on the lease for me if I had the income to qualify.Any money that would be used would come out of my inheritance/trust fund which I will need to live to provide for my needs after my folks are gone.I guess I could buy a tiny house or used travel trailer to live if I had to somewhere in small town podunk Texas if I had to.I could also live in my really old car if I get kicked out for saying Christ drank. I have enough cash in my retirement to buy a house with cash in Jackson MS but then I would have to move to MS and be hours away from my family even though I love Mississippi.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 6:29 am

If your father is going to provide you with alternative accommodation, is it really so bad?

He is good in one respect. When he kicks you out, he does it in a reasonable way that won't cause unnecessary harm.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 7:19 am

Hi:
First of all, your words have power. The more that you tell yourself that you are unemployable, the more you are going to believe that.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 5:28 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Hi:
First of all, your words have power. The more that you tell yourself that you are unemployable, the more you are going to believe that.

I have been unemployed for close to 10 years after applying for jobs and I get social security disability so even the American federal government agrees with me that I cant hold down a job.I have been trying to get a good job for close to a decade to no avail.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 6:20 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
Hi:

I have been unemployed for close to 10 years after applying for jobs and I get social security disability so even the American federal government agrees with me that I cant hold down a job.I have been trying to get a good job for close to a decade to no avail.

That doesn't make it a fact. I've received a disability support pension and then gone on to full time employment.

I'm not saying that you should work or must work. You know your capabilities better than anyone. I'm just saying that what the feds say isn't always a fact.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 6:37 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
Hi:

That doesn't make it a fact. I've received a disability support pension and then gone on to full time employment.

I'm not saying that you should work or must work. You know your capabilities better than anyone. I'm just saying that what the feds say isn't always a fact.

Oh okay.Well getting disability was a lot easier for me than most people on here.I want to work but I would have to go bankrupt if I had to pay my medical bills because I cant work because I have to have medicare or whatever because I have had 1 to 5 Million U.S. Dollars in medical bills since high school graduation .Also the state of Texas discriminates against me by not providing the federally-mandated job coaching I need to get a good job.Also nobody in the only industry that pays a living wage here will hire me because I have asperger's.

The state told me that I just need to work at Goodwill and thats not a good enough job for me since I am a 4 year college degree holder.I have to stay unemployed or underemployed in order to keep my good health insurance.Also I dont really see the point of working because it is a federal crime for me to have more than 2,000 dollars in my bank account.My retirement savings are in my dads name not mine since its a crime for me to have more than 2,000 dollars to my name.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 10:13 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
If your father is going to provide you with alternative accommodation, is it really so bad?

He is good in one respect. When he kicks you out, he does it in a reasonable way that won't cause unnecessary harm.

I must say you have a point although I have been kicked out on the street numerous times in the middle of the night similar to skid row and my dad promised me he would never kick me out again.My mom and dad have also illegally evicted me numerous times because in Texas you need a one month notice to kick somebody out according to the cops.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 2:21 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
He's unhappy you noticed the bible's explanation of Jesus' life is at odds with his understanding of Jesus' life? :scratch:

Thats essentially it.However he says he does it so he can respect and honor his parents and the church.I guess I will have to wait to talk about Jesus drinking on facebook until I move out from their house.He agrees with me that Jesus turned the water into wine....He just wont allow me to say the biblical truth even though he agrees with me for fear upon bringing shame and reproach on the church of Christ.He says he does not want me to ruin the family name in the church by pointing out Jesus consumed alcohol.

This sounds a bit messed up.

It might be worth noting that the point of the story isn't the wine, but the miracle. Alcohol was different back then because regular water more often than not wasn't safe to drink. So it's less about Jesus giving everyone alcohol, than allowing them to drink safely.

If your parents do get you an apartment, don't think of it as being kicked out, but as an opportunity to grow into independence. You've complained about your parents so much, it somewhat surprises me that you don't want to leave the home. Still, I get it. The known v the unknown, and your worry about future finances. I really don't think your parents would suggest this if they didn't believe the funds could last to the end of your life.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 3:52 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
He's unhappy you noticed the bible's explanation of Jesus' life is at odds with his understanding of Jesus' life? :scratch:

Thats essentially it.However he says he does it so he can respect and honor his parents and the church.I guess I will have to wait to talk about Jesus drinking on facebook until I move out from their house.He agrees with me that Jesus turned the water into wine....He just wont allow me to say the biblical truth even though he agrees with me for fear upon bringing shame and reproach on the church of Christ.He says he does not want me to ruin the family name in the church by pointing out Jesus consumed alcohol.

It might be worth noting that the point of the story isn't the wine, but the miracle. Alcohol was different back then because regular water more often than not wasn't safe to drink. So it's less about Jesus giving everyone alcohol, than allowing them to drink safely.

If your parents do get you an apartment, don't think of it as being kicked out, but as an opportunity to grow into independence. You've complained about your parents so much, it somewhat surprises me that you don't want to leave the home. Still, I get it. The known v the unknown, and your worry about future finances. I really don't think your parents would suggest this if they didn't believe the funds could last to the end of your life.

Well I do want to move out but I dont have the cash/or credit.I would feel better about living at home if my dad did not bully me and yell at me every day.Also I just dont feel fine living by myself partly because I dont drive.Mom said I may run out of money after they die

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 10:09 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

us
I dont trust my dad to provide me an apartment because he almost dumped me at the Salvation Army to live tonight..I know the real point of the miracle but dad has threatened to kick me out if I say publically on facebook that Jesus turned the water into wine or the Pharisees thought Christ was a drunk or that Jesus and the early church drank alcohol.He threatened to kick me out for that because I am bringing shame and reproach on him the family and the church of Christ according to him.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2024, 10:09 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
He threatened to kick me out for that because I am bringing shame and reproach on him the family and the church of Christ according to him.

Ironically it's the church's doctrine on this matter and his actions to defend it that bring shame and reproach upon him and the CoC.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2024, 11:43 am

1. How can any church, or person, deny that Jesus drank alcohol? It's in the bible. Doesn't make sense. At all.

2. Why does your dad want to be in charge at church? (and why would commonly known biblical facts.. known to virtually every non christian on the planet, too.. prevent him from being in charge? Weird!)

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2024, 4:45 pm

My mom said I am going to be moved to a group home if I keep on posting about Jesus drinking alcohol past November.I told her I would rather be homeless than live in a group home and she said I would die on the streets.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2024, 4:59 pm

Might get kicked out? Sounds great!! !!

Your dad is honestly batshit crazy judging from your posts going back several years.