Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2009, 8:17 pm

My older sister said she felt old since one of the little sisters is on her first sleep-over. IMO Uh how is that supposed to make me feel old? IMO going to Disney (haven't been there in a couple years and remembering the last time IMO=feeling old) or Christmas,Birthday (another year gone by makes me feel old and is kind of depressing given my life situation right now. but my little sister going to her first sleep-over IMO it's just nice and cute she's growing up it doesn't make me feel old or anything what's your take as parents (of NT or Aspie whichever) I just mainly wanted a parents take on this. :-)

CanadianRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2009, 8:27 pm

Hi Zeldapysch,

I am 38, look older (probably partially due to lack of sleep from dealing with mildly autistic son who doesn't seem to really need sleep and a lovely, but swawky two year old... but I digress).

I don't feel old. I work in a long term care facility as a nurse to people who are, on average in the mid 80's. One of my Residents is a 105 year old. They think I'm a spring chicken.

I'll feel old when I reach my mid 80's... but still ... some of them, despite multiple health concerns, have such a youthful attitude! !!

serenitynow
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Oct 2009, 10:06 pm

When my little girl graduated high school and I clearly remember her first day of kindergarten, I feel old. Your older sister seeing a younger sibling going to a sleep over just may make her remember that it was not too long ago that little sister was so much more dependent.
Yes it is cute and good for them to go out and do things on their own.
And if we did not get older, our kids would not grow up! :)
My mom who is 67 says that inside she still feels like she is twenty something, but then looks in the mirror and sees how old she looks. She can't believe her kids are in their 40's and her grandchildren are having kids!
I guess it shows that as you age, time passes so quickly. But I can't obsess about getting old because I want to see my kids getting on with their lives as adults.