Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

mamamoo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Nov 2009, 7:57 am

well, today happened one of those usual situation that we have in school.our son is in the 7th grade, for ten years now we are dealing with problems that finaly got name:asperger. and we try to explain to the class (teachers mostly at least try to understand), what is that, over and over again, but the reaction is if i can say, poor.to make a story short, SOME of the pupils can go to the book festival, not all the class, but,even though the teacher chosed him because he realy enjoys reading, the rest of the class decided to write the petition against that. they don´t want to go themselves, but alsohe shouldn´t go, as far as they can decide it.
so they had a fight in the classroom, verbaly, but anyway.
so the teacher cuuldn´t do anything for 45 minutes.
so, he´s upset, afraid that he won t go,so one more sad day at home, because, when upset, our son is realy hard to be around.
i tried to write all that down in a proper way, because i´m not originaly english speaking person, but maybe there´s someone who had similar experience.
how do you cope?
mammoo

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2009, 9:42 am

Welcome, mamamoo! Let me see if I understand the scenario correctly: Your son's teacher invited him to go to the school's book fair, but the other kids don't want him to, despite them not going? If this is correct, you should talk to the teacher about it - it sounds an awful lot like bullying.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2009, 1:45 pm

I don't understand why all the students couldn't go, and even less do I understand why students who may not have been particularly interested in the book fair would protest your son going. All I can say is, the teacher should not give in to those students, and should stand by her original decision and your son's right to attend. It was her call to make, and she made it.

leespindler
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Nov 2009, 6:28 am

I know what you are saying my 14 yr old is very hard to be around if things dont go his way and we to have problems with his school,fortunatelly one of his dep/priniciples has a son with asp and he tries so hard to help but even he is now at his ends with my son the situation with you child is he should not have been stopped from going and maybe our teachers need to learn about asp
lee

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2009, 10:55 am

Talk to the teacher and ALSO the principal if the teacher doesn't do anything about it. If English is difficult for you, bring someone who speaks it well with you. But bring someone who truly cares about you and your child.