Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

PenguinMom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2010, 8:44 am

Why is it that on the RARE occassions she sleeps late the bus decides to come EARLY!! ! (like 45 minutes early today!! !)
And why is it that whenever she so much as senses I feel rushed she decides to move extra slow!! !!
Were she in my class as a high school student I would have her evaluated for oppositional defiant disorder. They tell me a 4 year old can't be diagnosed as such.

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 8:58 am

Please don't tell me you are using your teacher mentality on your daughter. Trust me, that is not going to work out too well.

In any case, if any school bus is arriving 45 minutes early, call the bus company and force them to return. They are to arrive at the time the parents are told they should arrive.

utherdoul
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Feb 2010, 10:36 am

demeus wrote:
Please don't tell me you are using your teacher mentality on your daughter. Trust me, that is not going to work out too well.

In any case, if any school bus is arriving 45 minutes early, call the bus company and force them to return. They are to arrive at the time the parents are told they should arrive.

-this

Hell if the bus showed up even 10 minutes early when I was going to school every parent in the district would have rioted.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 10:40 am

PenguinMom wrote:
I would have her evaluated for oppositional defiant disorder. They tell me a 4 year old can't be diagnosed as such.

It's not a disorder - kids that age are just stubborn.

Climber
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Feb 2010, 11:13 am

In order to fix your situation, I see two problems you will have to overcome.

A four year old and Murphy's Law.

Good luck.

Hethera
Raven
Raven

04 Feb 2010, 3:48 pm

My NT 4-year-old does the same thing. And yeah, call the bus company -- that is absolutely ridiculous! I'm fairly sure they're not allowed to leave without you before the scheduled time, anyway, regardless of what time they arrive. At least not where I live!

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 11:49 pm

Climber wrote:
In order to fix your situation, I see two problems you will have to overcome.

A four year old and Murphy's Law.

Good luck.

ROFL!

Yep, it is a very 4 year old thing and, well, it still is that way with my 9 year old daughter - the more I try to rush her, the slower she goes. I don't think it's defiance as much as difficulty dealing with the stress.

Moony
Toucan
Toucan

05 Feb 2010, 12:18 am

Umm... He's four. DUH.