Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

adora
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2010, 4:33 am

My DS (5yrs) has buckled his own seat belt for the past two days. I know its just a little thing, oh wow, a seat belt, but I just can't help but feel awesome about it,
Oh he had his kindergarten registration Thursday, they were testing the kindergarten enrollees against the pre-k that would be going into kindergarten, to see how much more prepared the pre-k class was than the new kindergarten enrollees. The pre-k averaged 65/100, and that's how much they were wanting the new kindergartners to score. My DS scored 71/100. Yay
So I say a pretty good week. :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 4:45 am

I'm proud of you , and your son. :D

Bombaloo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 2:16 pm

Great for both of you! I know how it feels to get so excited about the seemingly small accomplishments. My little guy sat through an entire circle time at pre-school last week and I almost cried when I heard about it! :D

annotated_alice
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 8:48 pm

Congrats to your son and you! :)

And ditto about about success on the small things. My son made polite small talk on the phone today, which is a HUGE accomplishment for him although it seems small. I was so thrilled! :D

angelbear
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 9:49 pm

I think it is great that we can all be so proud of our children for the little things! It gives me hope to keep going---

A couple of weeks ago it was my birthday and we were having cake and my son just said so casually "Happy Birthday Mom" without any prompting or anything! That was the best birthday gift ever !

He has also recently learned how to rinse and spit into the sink after brushing his teeth. I was so thrilled.

Congratulations Adora and keep up the good work!

adora
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2010, 4:59 am

Ty everyone, and congrats to y'all as well.
We're easy to please parents lol. Our kids prolly know it too. Thats why they make us wait such long intervals in between ;)

Bombaloo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2010, 4:48 pm

I just got the following email from my son's teacher and I wanted to share:

"I just wanted to write a note about how tickled pink I was with "C" today. He did so completely awesome all day, even during times our field trip (unintentionally) pushed his boundaries. It was cold, it was very cold, and he just let me pick him up and he buried his face in my shoulder until we got in the green house. When we drove back, Lucie's little brother was rather upset and crying. Instead of showing sensitivity to the noise, he comforted the little guy, reassuring him that his mom was there and that "C" would take care of him. He got startled awake as kids left, and rather than grunting or spitting he came and cuddled with me and then put on his headphones independently. I really almost cried tears of joy, I was so proud of him. I wanted to make sure you knew. See you tomorrow!"

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2010, 6:06 pm

So fantastic -- buckling his seat belt is a GREAT thing (I remember the day it happened with my son, too!) and the report from his teacher is fantastic! Glad things are going so well!

willaful
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2010, 12:36 pm

Congrats on all the great achievements!

Speaking of the dreaded phone, we've been using Skype video chat with relatives. My little guy does so much better with it than the phone -- I guess the visual is a big help with communicating.

Lyriel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2010, 2:34 pm

I think that's pretty awesome. It may seem like a small thing, but too many (NT) children and adults die because they don't buckle their safety belts, either because they weren't taught to, they're too lazy, or they simply think they don't need them. Congratulations to your son, and congratulations to you for your getting him into the habit of buckling up! :D