My son part 4 with daughter cameo

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2010, 11:34 pm

I decided to post the last part of the "In Luc's head" series. This part is about cats and I got my daughter in it at the end...I like it because she makes Luc laugh in spite of the fact that she is stealing his limelight :D.
I do really hate my voice though....I swear I sound like my brother :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPBK7st_WNE[/youtube]

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2010, 11:57 pm

Cute! :)

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 12:17 am

Your kids are so adorable! And Maddy is just a sweetheart!

I loved Luc's joke. The fact that the punchline was incomprehensible was terrific, actually. It reminded me of my little sister's first joke ever:

How can you tell when a burglar's been at your house?

The car is on the roof!

Gotta love the postmodern jokes of children.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 12:48 am

Yeah, Luc loves to tell his own Knock Knock jokes. We tried teaching him some but he likes to put his own spin on them...he thinks they are hilarious. I always say if you can amuse yourself than you can be a happy person :) .

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 12:59 am

liloleme wrote:
Yeah, Luc loves to tell his own Knock Knock jokes. We tried teaching him some but he likes to put his own spin on them...he thinks they are hilarious. I always say if you can amuse yourself than you can be a happy person :) .

Well, I love his version of knock knock jokes! I think it makes them even more interesting.

Mumofsweetautiegirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 May 2010, 4:06 am

I really enjoyed watching this. :D I love this kid! I could listen to him talk all day. I loved the bit about the cats having kittens. He sounded exactly like my daughter when he was meowing! Sometimes she talks about cats and starts meowing in demonstration, and then keeps meowing and meowing and it's like "Ok, I get it!" :lol:
Your little girl is really cute. Is she also on the spectrum? I can't remember whether all or only some of your kids were on the spectrum.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 10:57 am

Mumofsweetautiegirl wrote:
I really enjoyed watching this. :D I love this kid! I could listen to him talk all day. I loved the bit about the cats having kittens. He sounded exactly like my daughter when he was meowing! Sometimes she talks about cats and starts meowing in demonstration, and then keeps meowing and meowing and it's like "Ok, I get it!" :lol:
Your little girl is really cute. Is she also on the spectrum? I can't remember whether all or only some of your kids were on the spectrum.

Yes, Maddy was diagnosed with Autism right before age 3. She had no language, now at 5 you can see that she has words. Still not at the "typical" 5 year old conversational level but she seems to improve every day.
My daughter who will be turning 18 in June went though an entire year of being a cat when she was about six. You would ask her question and she would just meow at you...she is my other Aspie :). I have 5 kids and three are ASD and so am I.

OH, and Luc does talk all day, by the way :lol: !

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 11:30 am

Adorable!

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 4:08 pm

liloleme wrote:
My daughter who will be turning 18 in June went though an entire year of being a cat when she was about six. You would ask her question and she would just meow at you...she is my other Aspie :)

Oh, man! I did that. I would crawl on the floor and meow and purr and rub up against things. My first grade teacher thought I was mentally ret*d because of that and because I refused to pay attention during reading time. (Which was only because she handed out the reader and I read the entire thing while she was still handing it out and then I was like, "okay, I'm done. What's the next book?" and as it began to dawn on me that we were going to spend months on this book -- weeks just on the first page, which only said something like "Look! Look! See Dick! Look! Look! See Jane!" Well, I'm much rather crawl around and be a cat instead. Wouldn't you?)

The teacher tried to get me put in special ed. because of my alleged mental retardation. So the principal had me brought in to his office where I was given a test that I dimly remember taking. A maze with a duck you had to get to a pond and those blocks that have sides that are red, sides that are white, and sides that are half red and half white on the diagonal and you have to put them together to match the pictures. I can't remember the rest of the test, but after that I was put in the second grade classroom. But mom got upset because she didn't believe in grade-skipping so I had to do second grade again all the way through the next year.

Mom later told me she let me stay in that second grade classroom, though, because she knew I didn't belong in special ed. and she didn't lke my teacher so she didn't want to force me to be in her class. Mom told me that the teacher had called her about a week after my brother died and said she wanted mom to come in for a conference about my behavior. Mom told the teacher to give me some space because my brother had just died and mom thought my behavior would normalize after a while but to accept that I was grieving right now. The teacher replied, "she's not grieving. She's too young to know what's going on." The teacher then pushed again for a conference and my mom got mad and yelled at the teacher that she had just put her only son in the ground and damned well wasn't coming in for a conference and hung up on her.

That's when the teacher started pushing to have me put in special ed. I wonder if she really, truly thought I was ret*d (I didn't want to read Dick and Jane because I was reading Gulliver's Travels. My reading was excellent but I don't know if the teacher ever realized it. I got caught once hiding the book I was really reading behind Dick and Jane but maybe the teacher didn't think I was really reading the book?) or just didn't want cat-girl in her class and after my mom yelled at her and hung up on her the teacher tried to put me in special ed. as a sort of revenge?

What a horrible teacher she was! She should never have been put in charge of small children.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 8:06 pm

Sounds like some of the teachers I had. My oldest sons second grade teacher just really hated him. I know he was difficult, he was early onset bi polar, but I gave her a lot of ideas to help with him. Like putting him in the front of the classroom and giving him daily "report cards" stuff like that, to keep him motivated. She wouldnt do anything and told me that she didnt have time for him, she had other kids to take care of that wanted to learn???? She also told me that she thought he had deep seeded emotional problems and implied that I had done something to him. She was so mean to him that I had to drag him to school everyday and the last straw was when they let him run away from the school playground and walk home on the highway. I took him out of school and tried to teach him at home.
Yeah, some people should not teach and I also think some teachers should get more help as well. My brother is a high school history teacher and a foot ball coach. Ive found that parents can be pretty horrible too. Hes told me some horror stories.

willaful
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 10:27 pm

That was hilarious! And cute.