Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

OddFiction
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 6:55 am

Watch the movie "Adam" with friends and family. It's a start, at least, to open communication.
If I had seen the movie sooner (rather than 5 times friday and two times yesterday... Today hasn't started yet :P ) I would have used it as an introduction before bringing the topic up with my mother.

What a horrifying experience that was. Complete failure. I was about as toungue tied and unclear as the guy in the movie was when he tried to explain it. I do however worry that some of the movie will be lost on non-Aspies and alot of it misinterpreted... maybe a running commentary!

"See... when she misses the 8 o'clock marker, despite the fact that in review it wasn't a hard and fast promise, the mental preparation of the (unwitnessed) last 5 hours or so comes to a breaking point, and whereas at the specific moment of 8 o'clock he would have achieved his goal and gone 'social', the added pressure of 11 minutes BROKE all that carefully repressed anxiety and...."

But that would screw with the movie and probably piss off anyone trying to watch it. Oh well. Either way, the actor did a darn good job "playing Aspie".

OddFiction
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 6:58 am

oh, by the way the format for quoting a specific person is:

[quote = OddFiction] Dang I talk too much [/quote]

but without the spaces around the equals sign.

Mahini
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Sep 2010, 9:24 am

Thanks Oddfiction have also just looked up the moves and read the reviews i will have to try and get it...