Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Mahini
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Sep 2010, 6:34 am

I just have to share this! my 10 year old AS daughter has never liked playing sports and has always come up with every excuse she can think of not to play. Anyways today she came home with a pupil of the week award and it turns out she got it for playing sport! they gave her this because she actualy played :) my parents came over and she showed them. My father said wow you must have been realy good all week to get that and she said yes i was, he then said was that because you were away all week? (he is a bit of a jokester) she did not get this so he repeated himself, and had to do so 3 times, in the end she shook her head and said WEIRDO and walked away, i luv it! i absolutely luv it! i cracked up laughing. To my As daughter we are the weired ones and i just love her even more for it because i see what struggles she is going through every day and she is making it and doing a realy good job!

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 9:29 am

Wow! Pure gold! :lol:

I love it too. My aspie son is 14 now and he still thinks everyone's weird! I totally get it and they never cease to amaze and fascinate us..am I right?

Mahini
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Sep 2010, 2:42 am

You are so right! and its so good having a name now (AS) for the problems that my daughter has been having, where before ill admit it was frustrating for me to try and understand why she was like the way she was, getting the diagnosis is the best thing that has ever happend. It has opend up a whole new world for me, i can now laugh at things and get an understanding where she is coming from. I loved her before finding all this out but my love has grown tenfold now, This is because i can see the day to day struggles that she has gone through to just get a grip on what is going on around her, i also now realise that when we were explaining things to her it was like we were talking in a different language! i now know to break things down, oh it feels great!

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 5:10 am

Wow! I can totally relate! 8)