Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

2berrryblondeboys
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Oct 2010, 10:25 pm

First, we started all the stuff with school. My husband and I did the Basc Two. I went in to the school for 3.5 hours of doing some test with a big book of detailing him at 4-5 years old and our eyes were wide open with realizing how many red flags have been there and are there - but also realizing we are seeing steps forward.

First, neat thing was Tuesday he willingly went with school counselor and talked a bit with him while I was finishing this test. While there, he was writing on the chalkboard and he held the chalk in a normal pincer grasp way - first time ever.

Wedneday, we went out for pizza with my husband's colleagues and their families. We have met up with them several times now and Henry has become buddies with an 8 year old MUCH like him. They immediately felt comfortable with each other, talked with each other and giggled. At one point they were rubbing noses and laughing at the silliness of it. Henry even said that X was his friend - his first friend, really.

Then, today at school, he wrote a story with pictures and shared it with his class. It was about going to a farm and a pumpkin patch and then a big black cloud came and started to rain, so nobody could go to the pumpkin patch and farm (which is what happened today - their trip was post poned and he was quite upset about it this morning before heading to school).

A big breakthrough week and it feels good to celebrate for a bit!

momsparky
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 8:32 am

Yay! Very impressive that your little guy was able to turn something that happened to him into a picture-story!

annotated_alice
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 9:32 am

Yay for Henry! :D

angelbear
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 4:22 pm

Happy things are going great! It really helps to cherish these moments!