Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

azurecrayon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 1:58 pm

so the other night, my 5 yo autie tells me "you have 0 % awesome. daddy has 1000 % awesome." i couldnt believe it, so asked him to repeat it and he said the same thing. this was quite a blow, because i am the beloved mommy, i get most of the hugs and kisses and attention, and usually daddy is the second class parent when it comes to our youngest. 1000 % is a lot of awesome, and me having none is pretty harsh!

took me several minutes to figure out, he meant autism. we had a conversation earlier in the day about autism and who in the family has autism.

whew! i am still awesome. just not with autism :lol:

K - 6 yrs med/school dx classic autism
C - 8 yrs NT
N - 15 yrs school dx AS

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 2:03 pm

That's a shame you aren't as awesome as your husband is. Use this opportunity to extort a backrub or something from your husband...so you feel more awesome.

JohnOldman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jul 2011, 5:03 pm

You're telling me autism and awesome aren't the same thing? I beg to differ! :D :P

I imagine you are awesome by association. :)

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 5:51 pm

:lol:

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 10:01 am

Lol, cute story.

I think I truly am zero percent awesome (actual meaning) to my kids, but they love me and need me and want to be with me anyway. I don't have the patience or bandwidth for the complex role playing games my son is always wanting to engage me in, and I don't have a talent for zippy humor like my husband does; I don't do anything they see as "cool," don't look great, and don't keep a wonderful house. But I'm pretty sure they would rather keep me than trade me for a different neighborhood mom ... Oh well!

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 7:57 am

Once you kids get older you really do become 0% awesome....it makes me appreciate my younger ones more than I did with first "batch" :lol: . I didnt know teenagers were so evil :twisted:

This story cracked me up btw :D .