Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 12:36 pm

Has anyone seen Snugger Fit condoms in any stores in the U.S.? I STRONGLY suspect my 13 year old is sexually actIve and I'm very concerned. I'd like to make sure that he's practicing safe sex although I'd rather him abstain and focus on school and a bright future. Regular condoms won't work for this child due to imaginable reasons. It's something he has to face but this didn't stop him before. In fact, I think he's made having sex with any one who will a priority in life because of a physical inadequacy. I'm sick over this. I can't get any info from him at all but I've heard from neighors that he's popular with older girls when he is out of the house. I think they're using his body and he thinks he's superman because of it. Should I take him to counseling. I'm at the end of my rope with this kid. I didn't think I would have this issue for at least another three years. Anyone? :cry:

ASDMommyASDKid
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 12:47 pm

Snugger fit is not exactly a marketers' dream because, well, guys probably do not readily admit to needing that, even if they do. Condoms stretch, so I do not know if he would actually need a smaller size. Regular ones might work, but I do not know how you would get him to try it on and be honest. Also even if he did, I do not know if he would want to advertise that by using them (I am assuming they would be labelled as such on the packet.)

I don't recall seeing any in our local stores. You could probably get them online. Whether he would use it, I do not know.

How old are these girls? I am sure he thinks he is all that, but if the genders were reversed I think people would look at this differently.

Have you talked about sex and the corresponding risks before? How well does he handle the conversations?

This is tough.