Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 6:24 pm

Morgana wrote:
ASDsmom wrote:
We are on GAPS - 1.5 years. So far it's working well.

What specifically has gotten better? I'm just curious, this is for my own research purposes.

I didn't see this post reply..
What's gotten better:

1) The chronic bed-wetting stopped. In fact, he just came back from an overnight camp (a week long) and because he "cheated" he ended up wetting the bed while he was there.
2) Aggressive behaviours improved - although now, he's entered a hormonal stage so we'll have to go back to the first few stages and see if it'll help
3) Communication has improved. He seems to be able to articulate his thoughts better now. Again, just came back from camp, cheated a lot while he was there and some of the things he's saying today (& last night) is odd - disconnected to the content of conversation.
4) School life has improved. Staff seems to think he's a kind child - no issues (didn't always say that)
5) Community members remind me "how much he's changed" - for the better

We've had a rough few months though (since end of May).. lots of changes though (elementary graduation being one) plus, was reacting to the chelation we were giving him. Hormones. Nerves..

So, overall, it's been a great program for us but until the healing starts, the side effects can be problematic.