Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 8:44 pm

My son didn't realize that a person must pay for "Xfinity on Demand" through Comcast Company. We got a hefty bill this month. If he is a minor, are will responsible to pay this bill?? Does anyone know if there's a way out of this? He honestly had no clue we would be billed for this?

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 8:58 pm

I would imagine you are responsible, especially because he is a minor, and therefore, your responsibility.

I would call, though, and explain what happened and see if they are willing to dial back the charges a bit. I am sure you are not the first person who has done this.

I would then block any activity that accrues charges.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 9:19 am

Definitely call them up and ask them to drop the charges. A lot of families probably have "oops" charges like yours, and the company may have a policy of giving people a one-time break. The worst they can do is say no.

Odetta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2014, 2:42 pm

I would call them and see what they can do. They may also be able to tell you what parental blocks you can put in place to prevent it from happening again.

elkclan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 3:00 pm

In my opinion, they make these things too easy for kids and it's deliberate. My 7 yr old son signed up for a movie service without my knowledge or consent. He's not a boy genius (he's smart, but not fiendishly smart). As it happens it was only £6 so I ate it, watched some movies, and then figured out how to put a pincode on it. But it was shockingly easy for him to do it. It was certainly much harder for me to take the movies off, it required my account password etc.