Small little things that make you smile

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 8:48 pm

Let's share some little things that happen that make us smile. It always makes me feel good to read about the little triumphs.

Today my son was telling me that he and his friends were talking about "secret greetings" and the like. He told me that his friends gave him the code name "Happy." I asked him why. He said "Because I am happy 99% of the time." I don't know why, but that made me feel really good. Wait...I do know why. He went through some really tough times over the past few years, but somehow he has "made it out" of the other side in one piece! :)

My daughter has agreed to take music lessons. She has a paralyzing fear of making mistakes, so she rarely tries anything new. She said "and if I happen to make a mistake, it will not be the end of the world. I will just keep practicing and do better the next time." This is big for her.

Who's next? Share! :heart:

Odetta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Mar 2015, 10:52 am

My son wanted a hug and a kiss on the cheek this morning.

Ajk
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Mar 2015, 12:27 pm

My daughter is happy and talking to me about what is on her mind and can say things about herself like I couldn't lie when I was twelve (about an incident in school) which probably isn't normal without sounding regretful or dimished by her lack of " normality" she is accepting herself as she is and that makes me happier than anything :D

Anachron
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2015, 12:35 pm

I like to imagine that the reason the birds sing in the morning, is because they thought the world was going to end when the sun went down.

Prairie_Fairie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Mar 2015, 10:25 pm

My three-year-old daughter has started grabbing my fingers in her tiny hand when walking, instead of trying to pull away. She's becoming more aware of my role in her life (however odd that may seem) and is showing more affection. It's heartwarming.