Page 5 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Aug 2019
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,256

06 May 2024, 4:06 pm

@ Texasmoneyman

You keep referring to a "life savings", but I seem to recall you've never really worked. I also recall you mentioning a trust fund or inheritance in the past. When you say your parents took your "life savings", do you actually mean they took away your trust fund?



Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,392
Location: Texas

06 May 2024, 9:34 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:
@ Texasmoneyman

You keep referring to a "life savings", but I seem to recall you've never really worked. I also recall you mentioning a trust fund or inheritance in the past. When you say your parents took your "life savings", do you actually mean they took away your trust fund?

I had savings that were different than my inheritance from years of birthdays, holidays, and a graduation.However my parents took that away saying they were borrowing it so I could get on welfare but they never gave back everything they owed me.They currently owe me thousands of dollars apart from the trust fund.I dont know what to do to get my money back.My life savings are different than my trust fund.I have worked before just very briefly.



Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,617
Location: Outter Quadrant

06 May 2024, 10:11 pm

Sorry for Your situation TexasMoneyman...if you wanna stay? 8O ,, you best learn when to shut up..this lesson will be repeated to you throughout your life... :twisted: ."...Its not fun "....You best start getting your ducks in order, to be ready, if'n you cant keep your mouth in line with the current prevailing dogmas. In your family dwelling .
In 100 years, who is going to care anyway.. :roll: It becomes very sad to watch a son and his Father go away from each other based on a book that was written down so long ago .
================================================================
( Please note , am told , In those days of Christ supposably , wine was far more healthier than water, because typhus. , disease was common . And typhus could not live in a alchoholic substance.... Disease processes were not well known then, and stagnant water bred disease, back then , supposably .) These are not topics that More Evangelucal Christians want to ever have. imho
Sorry if harsh but am old enough to be pragmatic...either way , i hope for a good resolution for you'alls.


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,392
Location: Texas

06 May 2024, 10:22 pm

Jakki wrote:
Sorry for Your situation TexasMoneyman...if you wanna stay? 8O ,, you best learn when to shut up..this lesson will be repeated to you throughout your life... :twisted: ."...Its not fun "....You best start getting your ducks in order, to be ready, if'n you cant keep your mouth in line with the current prevailing dogmas. In your family dwelling .
In 100 years, who is going to care anyway.. :roll: It becomes very sad to watch a son and his Father go away from each other based on a book that was written down so long ago .
================================================================
( Please note , am told , In those days of Christ supposably , wine was far more healthier than water, because typhus. , disease was common . And typhus could not live in a alchoholic substance.... Disease processes were not well known then, and stagnant water bred disease, back then , supposably .) These are not topics that More Evangelucal Christians want to ever have. imho
Sorry if harsh but am old enough to be pragmatic...either way , i hope for a good resolution for you'alls.

My church of Christ has always known that the alcohol in the Bible was for sanitation.I just dont know why they have to condemn me for something Jesus did which was drinking.



Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,617
Location: Outter Quadrant

07 May 2024, 1:56 am

you logic as the book was written is irrefutable , and it is the perrogative of the parent to be wrong..
Do as I say not as I do ...aswell....Its the parent child syndrome. And possibly you might be exhibiting .
Some behaviours that may have inadvertantly trigger some parental concerns in them. Most People consider , it is the job to kerp their child from appearing or being a Alky. .. and of course there is his appearances as being able to be a good parent, and kerp his own durn kids undercontrol..Especially if living at home, under the same roof . but your situation could be different. Your reasoning is strong . :ninja:


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Aug 2019
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,256

07 May 2024, 3:49 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:
@ Texasmoneyman

You keep referring to a "life savings", but I seem to recall you've never really worked. I also recall you mentioning a trust fund or inheritance in the past. When you say your parents took your "life savings", do you actually mean they took away your trust fund?

I had savings that were different than my inheritance from years of birthdays, holidays, and a graduation.However my parents took that away saying they were borrowing it so I could get on welfare but they never gave back everything they owed me.They currently owe me thousands of dollars apart from the trust fund.I dont know what to do to get my money back.My life savings are different than my trust fund.I have worked before just very briefly.


Yes, I get that you did briefly work - but not enough to have earned you very much money as a result, correct?

So your "life savings" was from birthday and holiday and graduation gifts - presumably from your parents? In either case, money you didn't work for, or actually earn, per se.

OTOH, how much money would you say your parents have spent on your behalf, between you living with them, and them supporting you?

Also, you yourself state that you're legally forbidden from having more than $2000 - so how much can they even give you back at any one time?

I get that you and your parents have issues, and not everything they do is terribly nice, as you see it - but they are in fact still largely supporting you, and you do still rely heavily on them for support. Maybe you shouldn't be so hung up on who-owes-what-to-whom. Just a thought...



Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,392
Location: Texas

07 May 2024, 6:27 am

uncommondenominator wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:
@ Texasmoneyman

You keep referring to a "life savings", but I seem to recall you've never really worked. I also recall you mentioning a trust fund or inheritance in the past. When you say your parents took your "life savings", do you actually mean they took away your trust fund?

I had savings that were different than my inheritance from years of birthdays, holidays, and a graduation.However my parents took that away saying they were borrowing it so I could get on welfare but they never gave back everything they owed me.They currently owe me thousands of dollars apart from the trust fund.I dont know what to do to get my money back.My life savings are different than my trust fund.I have worked before just very briefly.


Yes, I get that you did briefly work - but not enough to have earned you very much money as a result, correct?

So your "life savings" was from birthday and holiday and graduation gifts - presumably from your parents? In either case, money you didn't work for, or actually earn, per se.

OTOH, how much money would you say your parents have spent on your behalf, between you living with them, and them supporting you?

Also, you yourself state that you're legally forbidden from having more than $2000 - so how much can they even give you back at any one time?

I get that you and your parents have issues, and not everything they do is terribly nice, as you see it - but they are in fact still largely supporting you, and you do still rely heavily on them for support. Maybe you shouldn't be so hung up on who-owes-what-to-whom. Just a thought...

My church and some extended family gave me some of the money that my parents took.I dont know how much money my parents have spent on supporting me but I dont owe them anything because they had me.However I know they are not legally bound to supporting me.My parents are allowed to put millions in a trust fund for me which they will give me upon their death.I just think my parents extortion of my life savings was very immoral.They need to pay me the many thousands of dollars they owe me and I am thinking of pursuing a lawsuit to recover my life savings they owe me.My parents are in a lot of debt to me but they will not acknowledge it.I just think my parents should give my money back they owe me.What kind of parents steal from their kids.



Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,617
Location: Outter Quadrant

07 May 2024, 8:54 am

Trusts can be manipulated by Parents , so they might read , that you will recieve a million dollars , but only allow 1% of that to be dispersed to the beneficiary .Per year ,, The amount maybe at their own descretion. FYI
Sometimes treading lightly is best course?


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Aug 2019
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,256

07 May 2024, 2:02 pm

Very few people can legitimately claim that they don't owe their parents anything. People who live off of their parents well into adulthood have no business making such claims.



Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,392
Location: Texas

07 May 2024, 3:14 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:
Very few people can legitimately claim that they don't owe their parents anything. People who live off of their parents well into adulthood have no business making such claims.

Personally, I dont think any adult child owes their parents anything because we have social security and medicare and financial products now.Its not my fault I live off my parents.I am unemployable.I cant even keep a McJob.My parents chose to have children so they should be prepared to take care of me for the rest of my life.I would not live off my parents if I could have a job that had a labor union or a living wage.I dont owe my parents anything except respect and obedience.I dont owe them any money.They owe me many thousands of dollars.I am never going to give them money in their old age partially because they have illegally kicked me out and evicted me 20 times leaving me homeless and without food and money on the street.



uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Aug 2019
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,256

08 May 2024, 5:15 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I dont owe my parents anything except respect and obedience.


From the sound if things, you don't even give them that. You neither sound like you respect them from the way you whine about them, nor do you seem to obey them very well. That's literally the reason you "might get kicked out", isn't it?

Just cos you think you deserve a free ride from mommy and daddy doesn't make it so. The fact that you can't fend for yourself is all the more reason you owe them more than you want to admit. Neither social security, nor medicare, nor any other social safety net, would allow you to live in the level of comfort and luxury that is afforded to you by living with, and on the dime of, what sound like remarkably affluent parents.

You seem to have a seriously one-sided idea of what they "owe" you vs what you "owe" them. They don't owe you nearly what you think they do. And you don't even give them the meager pittance you think you do owe them.

I'm not saying you owe them money, nor does it seem like they would ever need it from you, given how much they have themselves. I'm saying you owe them your existence, and your ability to live comfortably, to the point where maybe it's not worth fretting over what is likely a small drop in the bucket compared to what your lifestyle costs, and will continue to cost for your lifetime, and how much you'll be collectively given in the long run.



Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,392
Location: Texas

08 May 2024, 8:18 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I dont owe my parents anything except respect and obedience.


From the sound if things, you don't even give them that. You neither sound like you respect them from the way you whine about them, nor do you seem to obey them very well. That's literally the reason you "might get kicked out", isn't it?

Just cos you think you deserve a free ride from mommy and daddy doesn't make it so. The fact that you can't fend for yourself is all the more reason you owe them more than you want to admit. Neither social security, nor medicare, nor any other social safety net, would allow you to live in the level of comfort and luxury that is afforded to you by living with, and on the dime of, what sound like remarkably affluent parents.

You seem to have a seriously one-sided idea of what they "owe" you vs what you "owe" them. They don't owe you nearly what you think they do. And you don't even give them the meager pittance you think you do owe them.

I'm not saying you owe them money, nor does it seem like they would ever need it from you, given how much they have themselves. I'm saying you owe them your existence, and your ability to live comfortably, to the point where maybe it's not worth fretting over what is likely a small drop in the bucket compared to what your lifestyle costs, and will continue to cost for your lifetime, and how much you'll be collectively given in the long run.

Oh I am sorry I was confused because I thought you meant money.They should not have had me if they were not prepared to take care of a disabled child into adulthood.Well they have taken money from me even though they had money.They took my life savings and wont give it back.My church teaches that fathers owe their adult disabled child a "free ride" as you call it so I believe my parents are biblically bound to provide for me until my death according to the scriptures.My dad told me tonight he was very impressed by my obedience to the new rule



uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Aug 2019
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,256

09 May 2024, 5:59 am

Once you turned 18, your parents no longer had any obligation to you beyond any moral obligation they choose to accept, and if you're gonna invoke the bible to claim that they have a duty to support you, I would remind you that the bible is very clear that the father rules over the son, and even god can command a father to sacrifice their own son. You are supposed to serve Him, not the other way around.

Also they HAVE raised their disabled child into adulthood - you are well into adulthood. Obligation fulfilled. What do you need them for? You have social security and medicare and all those other benefits that you claimed justifies why you don't "owe" your parents anything.

You have a very comfortable life for someone who doesn't work. I still say you should be more concerned with counting your blessings than keeping a tab on what you think you're "owed". You really don't seem to grasp just how lucky you are, or fully appreciate what you have...



Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,392
Location: Texas

09 May 2024, 6:29 am

uncommondenominator wrote:
Once you turned 18, your parents no longer had any obligation to you beyond any moral obligation they choose to accept, and if you're gonna invoke the bible to claim that they have a duty to support you, I would remind you that the bible is very clear that the father rules over the son, and even god can command a father to sacrifice their own son. You are supposed to serve Him, not the other way around.

Also they HAVE raised their disabled child into adulthood - you are well into adulthood. Obligation fulfilled. What do you need them for? You have social security and medicare and all those other benefits that you claimed justifies why you don't "owe" your parents anything.

You have a very comfortable life for someone who doesn't work. I still say you should be more concerned with counting your blessings than keeping a tab on what you think you're "owed". You really don't seem to grasp just how lucky you are, or fully appreciate what you have...

My church says they have a obligation to support me till I die.They are on the hook for my support according to the church of Christ for the rest of my life until I die decades from now.I know my dad rules over me and I have been highly obedient to his new facebook rule and my parents are proud of me for being so obedient.Their obligation is a very long way from being fulfilled according to the church of Christ.It will be fulfied when I die.My parents are morally obligated to support me even to this very day and many decades from now because I am disabled and unable to provide for myself.I dont have very many safety net supports because my mom and dad wont let me get on food stamps and most likely other government programs.I dont see why God ordering Abraham to kill his son is relevent to father-son relations in the modern world in this scenario.



Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,392
Location: Texas

09 May 2024, 7:05 am

According to Texas State Law my parents owe me child support for the rest of my life if the court orders it because I am disabled and will never able to support myself.



Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,617
Location: Outter Quadrant

09 May 2024, 10:32 am

Whew.... Your parents may have wronged you , but the depths of what a foolish parent can do to a less than, (what in there opinion) maybe a good son .. (Might not be aware of some laws), that if you are a dependant of any age .
Those controlling your interests can just be done with you . And have you and your Social Security checks sent to a institution . Where you live under the instituutional, idea of restrictions. If you can get a lawyer you could challenge it , if a Lawyer tjought it was worth his while ? ( a profit margin). Many kids growing , rebel in various ways to escape
a domineering parent / child relationship . And find ways to strike out on their own . But perhaps the degree of disability could delay or stop that situation. :ninja: . Being dependant on a parent as a child becomes an adult, could be a tough situation at best. :| . And if your in a. more youthful " minor" situation. [You might seek a proper lawyer to file papers with the court, if necessary, to be declared as a emacipated minor.]? Please be careful how you tread in your
situation.. If you do not have a fallback plan to get/ or take care of yourself . Things could get very bleak for your life dituation. :skull:
( None of the above is offered as Professional Advise )


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are