Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2007, 8:52 pm

Has anyone here used the Fly Fusion Pentop Computer?

If you don't know what this is, it's a pen that can be used to write, on special paper, and whatever you write can be uploaded to your computer (so you can take notes, but then they are in text on computer without having to retype them). Also, the pen has special software that can help with math, writing, etc.

Another thing that would be cool is the "scheduler" aspect to the pen, where you can use the pen to write down your schedule, and then at the appropriate time, the pen beaps and tells you what activity you need to do. If it works correctly, I could see this being of REAL benefit to my very forgetful aspie son. The only trouble is, it would be distracting if this schedule was heard during class -- so I don't know if it would be banned in schools.

Any info from people who have used this tool would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Kris

Aoife
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Dec 2007, 3:45 pm

I think they look pretty cool. Never used one.

If it actually does what is says it does, it would be very useful.

I know that some schools have banned them because they have games, a calculator, etc. and make noise. If you approached your kid's teacher and told him/her that it would be helpful, but could be distracting, they might allow your kid to use it at some times in class. I agree that the beeping would be a bad idea. There's probably a way to turn the sound off.

You could disable the games(?). I don't know how they work.

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 7:05 am

yeah, I forgot about the games -- that would be a huge distraction for my son while at school. It's too bad, because I've often thought that something like the scheduler, which verbally reminds the person of upcoming activities or to hand in homework, would be a wonderful thing for forgetful aspies!

Kris