Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ALL4VLADI
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Nov 2005, 12:06 am

:( Okay Vladi has never wet his pants since he was potty trained, but lately he has had "accidents". The thing is he gets soo into something that he won't get up to restroom and when he does it is too late :( Anybody have this problem?

05 Nov 2005, 2:55 am

I did the same thing till i was 14, i am now 29 and have never wet myself ever since i realized the problem, its that i focused too much on things such as video games and when i felt the urge to go to the restroom i didnt want to because my life seemed to revole around what ever it was i was doing, until i realized that i can allways come back to what i was doing, or its ok to tell people hold on please i need to use the rest room. I also started using the bathroom before i started to play video games or play with toys because them there was less chance of me having to go to the bathroom while in "my own little world ", hope this helps.

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2005, 10:35 am

urgentYes. It was a problem for me until I was about 14 , as well. What it was/is, is that I simply do not feel the urge until it's well, urgent. By that time, there isn't always enough time to run to the bathroom, or iI didn't make it in time. As I got older, my control must have gotten better or something.

As far as a solution, don't shame him at ALL- it will only make everything worse. Do make him stop what he is doing, go take his clothes off, take a shower, and wash his clothes before he resumes the activity.

jbrawn26
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Nov 2005, 12:32 pm

my son has a big problem with it when he's really concentrating on something ( nintendo or reading most of the time ) lots of times he does not even realize it until he gets up and checks this has been going on since he was 6 and he is 9 now some days are better than others lol but he wets his pants at least 4 times a week and we get him up every night to pee at midnight and lots of times he has still wet the bed by 6:45 when he gets up for school. Best I can tell you is start teaching him to wash up every time now as it is a constant battle with the personal hygiene issue for us when it comes to him :)

ALL4VLADI
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Nov 2005, 1:04 pm

Ohh thank you all soo much! I was getting worried since it just began happening and he is alredy 10! :oops: yes hygine is a issue! another question...so far it has only happened at home is this how it is with you? and he is seeing a psych should I let him know too? I don't want my son to feel embarrased

jbrawn26

05 Nov 2005, 1:47 pm

i really doubt it has anything to do with psychology my son just gets so involved in what he's doing he doesn't realize he does do it on trips if we take his gameboy in the car lol but otherwise usually only if he's really into something ( chuck e cheese perhaps may warrant a change of clothing ) I just make sure to keep a change in the car just in case and I have also invested in a lot of wet naps lol to keep in the vehicle for quick clean ups. we've been fighting the personal hygiene thing his whole life he really doesn't seem to care but we just keep after him several times a day and also part of his mealtime includes asking to be excused and then immediately washing face, hands, and brushing teeth so we know it gets done at least after breakfast and dinner and lunch on the weekends :) as far as embarrasement goes it really depends on his level of sensitivity Zack doesn't seem to care most of the time but he wouldn't want me to mention it to his "girlfriend" either lol.