Total votes : 35

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 2:59 pm

kxmode wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
What's the "Red Ring of Death"?

When you turn on your Xbox 360 and it dies a red ring of death appears around the power button like a halo.

Due to an overheating problem the original models suffered from.

I think they've fixed it since then, but I could be wrong.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 4:30 pm

kxmode wrote:
None of those. PC is the best.

Word. :wtg:

TomAdams92
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Aug 2009, 5:18 pm

i reccomend having an xbox and a wii, wiis are fun but they get boring after a while when you start to want more origional gaming, thats where the xbox comes in handy

EnigmaticPhilosophy
Raven
Raven

16 Aug 2009, 11:39 am

None of them.
Each one has far too many things wrong with it to be worth a purchase at this point.

-PS3: after 2+ years is still all flash and no substance. Very long on Blu-Ray & extra features, very short on good games.

-360: poorly built & glitchy hardware, the Red Ring of Death, and a general lack of good games.

-Wii: has the most potential out of the three in terms of gameplay capabilities. However, it's plagued by mountains of shovelware, its motion controls still need a lot of work, and it has a serious lack of third-party support.

My suggestion: for now, stick with the older consoles, as well as PC gaming & emulators. The current console generation is nothing but a joke.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 12:25 pm

EnigmaticPhilosophy wrote:
...it's plagued by mountains of shovelware...

You just described almost every console since the Playstation :x

EnigmaticPhilosophy
Raven
Raven

16 Aug 2009, 2:20 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:

And yet, the Wii seems to have more shovelware than most other consoles, due to most third-party developers not taking it seriously.

atari2600a
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Aug 2009, 7:33 pm

EnigmaticPhilosophy wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:

And yet, the Wii seems to have more shovelware than most other consoles, due to most third-party developers not taking it seriously.

Actually it's more that the Wii is the cheapest & most profitable platform to develop on. It re-uses the GameCube architecture, so no need to train all the programmers for something completely different.

Also WiiMotionPlus fixes alot of things w/ the motion controls...

EnigmaticPhilosophy
Raven
Raven

17 Aug 2009, 8:57 pm

atari2600a wrote:
Actually it's more that the Wii is the cheapest & most profitable platform to develop on. It re-uses the GameCube architecture, so no need to train all the programmers for something completely different.

That is still no excuse for the majority of third-party developers dismissing the Wii as a "kiddy" console just because it uses a motion control system & its graphics/hardware isn't on the same level as 360/PS3.

atari2600a wrote:
Also WiiMotionPlus fixes alot of things w/ the motion controls...

Doesn't change the fact that the Wii is in need of more good games at the moment. Developers seriously need to stop taking the Wii so goddamn lightly.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 10:48 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
kxmode wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
What's the "Red Ring of Death"?

When you turn on your Xbox 360 and it dies a red ring of death appears around the power button like a halo.

Due to an overheating problem the original models suffered from.

I think they've fixed it since then, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, for the vast majority, the red ring of death is no longer an issue with current hardware. They still have a 3 year warranty just in case. Personally, I like the 360 best. IMO, it's one of the best consoles of all time as far as good games go. The PS3 does have some good games. IMO, if you're a serious gamer, it's worth owning for those few games alone. I used to have a Wii, but after I beat Twilight Princess, there hasn't been anything on it that has made me want to own another one. For the record, I own 31 Xbox 360 games, 8 PS3 games and 0 Wii games.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2009, 10:50 pm

I love my wii, because I can still play my gamecube games on it (which is good since my gamecube recently died) and the games have a good variety. One thing I do wish though is that the ds and wii could do more together. On my gamecube, I had an accessory that allowed me to play gameboy games on my gamecube.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2009, 4:05 pm

They've been trying to do more DS/Wii connectivity stuff, but I don't know how much has actually come of it.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2009, 2:12 pm

It all depends on what games you like. Wii is most friendly to average people/familes, xbox360 is for the hardcore gamer, and PS3 is basically the same as the 360 except you have fewer games but gain a blu ray player. If you have a big HDTV I would suggest PS3 because of the blu-ray player.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2009, 2:15 pm

Bataar wrote:
Personally, I can't stand the Wii. I can't think of 5 games on it that I'd want to play. The Wii is only good if you have a group of people that you want to play causal games with. If you want games with great stories, great graphics, and moving gameplay, get a 360 or PS3.

Totally agree.

Heartcooksbrain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Aug 2009, 3:47 pm

I don't like the wii. My parents even played it for a few months until it began to collect dust. They rented just about every good game as well.

The 360 is complete win, no doubt about it. They have a similar user interface to wii (characters and all), and soon they will be coming out with a cool thing that's just like the wii, except you use your body to control the game, no controllers, just you. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/projectnatal/ check that out. It looks promising, and there are live reviews done on it already. Hehe, microsoft is a great competitor, I have a feeling this project natal will be the downfall of WII! mwahaha... sry...

I'd say it has the best games... You can play a ton of old xbox games on it too.

Xbox 360 can play HD, movies, games, music, videos you have on your computer can be played on your tv... The xbox 360 live is probably the best online service out there. It's 50 bucks for 12 months, and for less months its still affordable... compared to everything else you have to pay a monthly fee that really adds up. There's so much to do, so many updates every day.... I don't see how ps3 or wii can even come close to being as good.

People complain about the red ring of death, but maybe they're doing something wrong. I've had the first model since many xmas's ago... And it has been sitting in the same spot for years, no fan, not a thing... just my 360 on the floor, being played for long periods of time and everything. The only time I've ever had the red ring of death is when I spilt coffee on my HDD. It was back to normal after it dried.

Sure PS3 has blu ray, woopity doo! That's about all it has going for it. It has less games, and more importantly less good games... way less than 360. Most of the great ps3 games are also on the 360 console. A lot of the games on ps3 are even worse looking than 360. You also do not get a mic from ps3 for live, you'll have to buy one for a separate device then use it for your ps3.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 12:54 am

*****UPDATE*****

I bought a Wii.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Klint
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 2:10 am

Cyberman wrote: