Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2006, 12:18 pm

Hi.

I just finished playing GTA - San Andreas. Now I've started Liberty City Stories.

I'm really looking forward to GTAIV next year.

And I might try Saints Row to pass time untill it comes out.

If GTAIV has online play maybe we can play together?

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2006, 2:04 pm

I'm waiting too. I've never completed one, because I tend to get sidetracked along the way. I was a mission away from SA, got stuck on the race at VC, and forget where I was in LC. Never tried Liberty City Stories. Is IV going to be Bogota or Tokyo?

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2006, 2:21 pm

My brother's a big fan of the GTA series. I was never able to get into it--generally I need to be gripped by a good story to enjoy a game, and the GTA stories are garbage. Some of the dialogue's funny though.

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2006, 2:47 pm

subatai_baadur wrote:
I'm waiting too. I've never completed one, because I tend to get sidetracked along the way. I was a mission away from SA, got stuck on the race at VC, and forget where I was in LC. Never tried Liberty City Stories. Is IV going to be Bogota or Tokyo?

It's ok to get sidetracked, thats the beauty of the game, you can do so much. I did all the missions i SA cause I wanted to see what happened next.
No one knows where the next is going to take place, today I thought about how nice it would be if it started in Japan with the Jakuza, then on to Europe to end in USA. But I've heard both Bogota and Tokyo mentioned.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2006, 2:55 pm

Corcovado wrote:
subatai_baadur wrote:

It's ok to get sidetracked, thats the beauty of the game, you can do so much. I did all the missions i SA cause I wanted to see what happened next.
No one knows where the next is going to take place, today I thought about how nice it would be if it started in Japan with the Jakuza, then on to Europe to end in USA. But I've heard both Bogota and Tokyo mentioned.

I want Bogota. Toyko would be too glitzy, and would lose the country that I like from SA. Bogota could throw in massive jungle areas and little villages and cool things like that. Russia would also be fun. And maybe India! You could get a two star police rating for kicking a cow.

kc0eks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jul 2006, 3:08 pm

I love the GTA series. Ive played it since the original came out..I dont really play the missions, but more so just so have fun.

It is a great way to get agression out and kill some time.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2006, 3:23 pm

kc0eks wrote:
I love the GTA series. Ive played it since the original came out..I dont really play the missions, but more so just so have fun.

Most ironic use of the word kill ever. Did you realize this while typing, or am I pointing it out for the first time?

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2006, 3:42 pm

subatai_baadur wrote:
Corcovado wrote:
subatai_baadur wrote:
Russia would also be fun. And maybe India! You could get a two star police rating for kicking a cow.

LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol:

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2006, 4:02 pm

I really hope GTA IV has online as trying to mod the PC version of San Andreas is a real hassle. That said, I would probably want to see South Africa as a locale for a GTA game. It would be different to say the least.

Maybe in additon to motorcycles, tanks, VTOL, jetpacks, etc; maybe give us the ability to hijack trains or ride horses. I tried imagining how awesome it would be to go postal and charge on horseback into a fray of civilians while throwing grenades wherever possible. Chaos I tell you! Chaos!

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2006, 4:43 pm

South Africa would be cool, they have a lot of gangs there too.

I would like to see dogs too, and horses, and surfing.

I will be surprised if there is not online play i GTAIV.

To all of you who like to run around and cause mayhem and chaos, have you heard of "Crackdown"? The creator of GTA (who made I and II) has a new game inspired from GTA, set in the future in a huge city where the idea is to run around and blow things up and kill people (and time - good one) plus throw cars at people.
Check it out on the internet, it coming for PC.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2006, 5:07 pm

MagicMike wrote:
I really hope GTA IV has online as trying to mod the PC version of San Andreas is a real hassle. That said, I would probably want to see South Africa as a locale for a GTA game. It would be different to say the least.

Maybe in additon to motorcycles, tanks, VTOL, jetpacks, etc; maybe give us the ability to hijack trains or ride horses. I tried imagining how awesome it would be to go postal and charge on horseback into a fray of civilians while throwing grenades wherever possible. Chaos I tell you! Chaos!

You can hijack trains. And yes, it's just as fun as you imagine. You can run them off the tracks and all sorts of things.

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2006, 5:53 pm

subatai_baadur wrote:
MagicMike wrote:

You can hijack trains. And yes, it's just as fun as you imagine. You can run them off the tracks and all sorts of things.

Hijack trains - and run them off the tracks!? Why did I not think of that. Must try!!

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2006, 7:29 am

Grand Theft Auto isn't violent and Anti Social enough for my tastes.

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2006, 11:01 am

Xuincherguixe wrote:

What is then?

kc0eks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jul 2006, 3:31 pm

subatai_baadur wrote:
kc0eks wrote:

Most ironic use of the word kill ever. Did you realize this while typing, or am I pointing it out for the first time?

I realized it after i submited it :P hehe

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2006, 5:13 pm

Corcovado wrote:
Xuincherguixe wrote:

What is then?

How about Fallout, where you could get married then sell your wife into slavery when she bored you?