Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2016, 3:03 pm

I've been thinking about selling my Wii. It's in basically pristine condition [I always take good care of my things], and the only games I even have for it are The Last Story, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Okami, and...Wii Sports. I haven't played any of those in a good long while. I'm also wondering if it would be worth it to buy a PS4 [Pro] whenever it gets updated or released or whatever, so then I can play the FFVII remake when it comes out. So many decisions!

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2016, 3:22 pm

There are a lot of great games for PS4, but if you're only interested in FF7 I'm not sure it's worth it. Buying a console just to play one game seems kind of wasteful.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2016, 3:25 pm

There's also Final Fantasy X and XV.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2016, 4:33 pm

there are a few ps4 exclusives to think about too, the uncharted series (which are really good), infamous, Detroit become human (coming in 2017 or something later haha). so theres an advantage to that, the wii is very outdated, a wii u is far superior! haha, but if your into pokemon, a 3ds is all you need really as there arn't any pokemon games coming to wii u anytime soon.

personally i just got an xbox one, its a very good console with alot of stuff for it haha.

did you know i can get my controller assigned to me using the console, so that if i turn the console on with that controller, it will recognise that its me and automatically sign in as me? it'll also save my controller layouts for specific games and automatically switch to them when i use this controller (its the blue one). so much awesome in one console haha. oh that and crackdown 2 and 3, i like that game series alot.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 10:55 am

So many choices...

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 5:37 pm

a few thoughts...

older consoles are nice to have around, assuming you don't have too many cluttering up your home storage space. their games are quite cheap in times where you might like to play something new(new to you, that is) but don't have a lot of money to spend. personally don't have a wii, but can find used games for rather cheap off amazon or at garage-sales/thrift-shops/swap-meets for my nes, snes, n64, game boy, game boy advance sp, and gamecube... wouldn't think that the wii's games, if bought used, should be much different in terms of cost. do this myself, when not in the market to spend much on games for extended periods of time.

as for you mentioning that you take care of your things, if you do think to get a ps4, take note that it(at least, the original ps4 models... don't know about the upcoming pro model.) only has an hdmi port for video, and it's only options for audio are the same hdmi port, digital optical, or a headphone jack in the base of the ds4 controller. only mentioned it, as, it caused me a bit of trouble trying to figure out how to set up without buying anything new(like a new hd whatever tv) considering my lcd monitor has been well taken care of(it might only be 7 or so years old), yet has no built in speakers or hdmi port... and had to figure out how to set it up as someone who's not particularly knowledgable with such electronics(used an hdmi to dvi cable, and set a usb cable to charge a second controller that has a set of computer speakers hooked up to the headphone jack for sound when not using headphones... looks stupid, but it works.).

lastly, the ps4 might be a good console for more than ff7, and final fantasy games in general(have an hd version of the old ff7 on my ps4's hard drive... still have to play it through at least once sometime before getting the remake. seems rather fun, but have yet to play far into it for unknown reasoning.), considering it has and gets quite a few jrpgs. also, even though it doesn't yet have ōkami, it seems capcom re-releases new ports for games more than they make new ones anymore, so it's almost certainly bound to at least get a digital dowload ps4 port at some point, as they already made one for the ps3.

other than the jrpgs, though, it doesn't strike me as your kind of gaming platform from the other games you've talked about around here. though not likely to be a problem if you do your homework on the games you buy, unnecessarily violent, sexual, or vulgar content, though typically tamed to whatever esrb game rating, isn't that uncommon to pop up here and there in games it isn't expected from in a lot(not all, but it's not uncommon) of the console's games even when such isn't necessary or called for(could be a problem if you are sensitive to such things or it could be quite embarrassing if playing games with or in the same room as family.). if the ff7 remake is what you're truly wanting the console for(sounds like you play the same games over and over so it might not be so much a waste if you do play it over and over.), maybe you could wait to see the reviews once it's out and make an informed decision based upon that information. square enix isn't exactly who they used to be back when ff7 was originally released, so there's no guarantee the remake will come out right if it is rushed, or worse, rushed out haphazardly as buggy episodic content.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Nov 2016, 1:16 am

How much would you want for the Wii :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 4:21 pm

^Oh, I don't know, $250/$300 + the four games [Okami, The Last Story, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Wii Sports]. I'll probably sell it at the local EB Games downtown, but I might not sell it until after Christmas to see if I'm really ready to give it away.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 4:35 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
^Oh, I don't know, $250/$300 + the four games [Okami, The Last Story, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Wii Sports]. I'll probably sell it at the local EB Games downtown, but I might not sell it until after Christmas to see if I'm really ready to give it away.

lulz

I am sorry but you will not get that. The Wii trends at about $60-$80 average, you might get lucky and get $100 for it with the games but its unlikely. I got a Wii that was in good condition that I only paid $40 for and another that was even in better condition with no sensor bar for $60. Both had two controllers and most accessories. You might get a bit more if its hacked but its unlikely since you can pretty much mod a Wii with ease. Sorry to rain on this parade but its just not worth that. I could get a PC with used parts that would blow the Wii out of the water for $300.

Last edited by dcj123 on 07 Nov 2016, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 4:36 pm

^Oh well. :D

Synth.osx
Raven
Raven

07 Nov 2016, 4:58 pm

JRPG titles are not very demanding in terms of hardware, Final Fantasy X/X2 Remastered and older Final Fantasy titles can run on an Intel Core i3 and Intel HD Graphics.

http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/JR ... TopSellers