Cant play a game without getting bored in the first hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Lucash121
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2019, 2:49 pm

As the title says: games make me bored. im going crazy with this, i cant find any game to play without getting extremely bored of it. What do i do? quit gaming? find new games (suggestions?).
edit1(i dont have a preference for games as long as they are fun)
edit2(this is also my first post in this forum. Hi everybody )

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 3:04 pm

It may be possible you're just a little burnt out. I have been playing Skyrim, Dragon Age Inquisition and Diablo and I find all those really fun but lately I haven't touched them.

I have been spending a bit more time on League of Legends, which I find fun...but there's a lot of toxic a**holes on that game so that is a downside.

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2019, 2:45 am

I stick to games that are single player only and avoid multiplayer games. I prefer exploring going at a leisurely pace more than the fast pace of online gaming. I mainly like open world, action/adventure and RPGs

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 3:06 am

I often don't play for longer than an hour anyway even with games I enjoy. But I play a lot of short form games like music rhythm games, shmups and puzzle games, which are often designed to be fun in short bursts.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 5:30 am

Welcome to the forums.

If you want to stay invested, would probably be a good idea to figure out what you are hoping for, what exactly you find fun. Such as whether you are looking for a game that provides you with a focused story, or one where you make your own fun. Whether you want something that is simple, or one that will challenge you needing to master it.

Such as I would sit down with Minecraft and spend hours doing fairly mindless tasks, taking time to plan out what to do with no real need for agency. Other times I play Sekiro where I need to treat every encounter with respect in learning how to adapt. Other times I play RPGs to create a role play as a particular character, there are a lot of different ways to play a game.

When I was younger I used to just play the Halo games so much that I had a lot of it down to memorization. I don't play nearly as much FPS now, and I usually find that I get a bit antsy with a game if I am not occupying some of my attention with a video at the same time as playing. I would maybe describe it as boredom if I have to put my entire attention on a game while do nothing else, so I set my tablet up and watch/listen to movie and game reviews, news stuff, maybe a lets player talking while playing their own game, or anything else I might find mildly interesting.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 12:25 am

I'm a Sims 2 player but I quickly grow bored of my Sims families. I have well over 100 Sims families and lots in my Sims neighbourhoods (I only have about 3 neighbourhoods), because I start a family, move them into a lot, play them for about a Sim week or less, then grow bored and create a new Sim family.

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2020, 1:57 am

We gamers today have so many choices it's crazy. When I was 10 years old our family got a Super Nintendo in 1994 and we initially only had two games: Super Mario World (pack-in game) and an off the wall jet fighter game called Super Strike Eagle. We had no choice but those two games until eventually we did acquire more. It was common to spend an hour or more playing the same game. Sometimes we would get the treat of being able to rent a game for the weekend and play it to death while we had it.

When we first got Donkey Kong Country (which was mind blowing graphics then) I spent so much time playing that one game I didn't put it down until it was completed 100%. I played each level countless times trying to get the bonus levels and essentially tried getting every single banana in the game. I don't know if I accomplished the banana goal but it gives an idea of how much I played it.

At least for myself, my choices of games were very limited so I concentrated more on a single game. Multiplayer consisted of someone actually there with you with the second controller. It made for some great times but also it made for frustrating times, especially with siblings.

Flash forward to 2020...........pretty much everyone has a cellphone, in which modern phones are powerful computers with access to countless free games. So many choices no wonder it's hard to concentrate on one thing. Add on top of that that many many systems of present and past that each have their own library of additional games. Not to mention, the easy ability to emulate so many game systems on phones and computers with 1000s of titles available online in ROM format for free.

It really boggles my mind when I think of all the choices we gamers have now. I am one too now that can rarely play a title for an hour and not get bored. And as far as games go that require time and remembering things, forget it. I can't do those anymore. I've tried....I don't know how many of those games I initially started only to find myself ten minutes into it getting to the first point where you could save the game (with intentions to play it again), shutting it off to play something else and never playing it again. I get distracted with the many other games available.

I've found that I can concentrate on games that are either very short (pre 1985 games), timed games....like matches that last 5-10 minutes, fighting games.....short match time.

Ok enough rambling from me

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jan 2020, 11:03 pm

I usually play my video games for an hour and take a break for a couple days and then get back to playing it for an hour again. Sometimes the gaming makes me overwhelmed if it’s a storyline or a competitive game like overwatch.