Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2023, 10:41 am

Games seem to have an ungodly amount of jank these days, but this thread is more about autism.

For example, I was in the game menus, and went to change a setting. When I went to change the setting, the BGM cut out completely for some reason. This caused me to have a panic attack and get in a bad mood for a chunk of an hour. This design decision seemed intentional and occured in 2 different games on the same day.

I am wondering is this a normal, normie NT reaction or purely autism? Either way, I don't think that jank benefits normies either. I do feel animosity towards devs that put jank in their games and it does feel dystopian.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 10:54 am

What do you mean by jank? Something jarring?

I don't think that is an NT response. Don't know what the official term is for that.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

28 Mar 2023, 1:13 pm

Lecia_Wynter wrote:
Games seem to have an ungodly amount of jank these days, but this thread is more about autism.

For example, I was in the game menus, and went to change a setting. When I went to change the setting, the BGM cut out completely for some reason. This caused me to have a panic attack and get in a bad mood for a chunk of an hour. This design decision seemed intentional and occured in 2 different games on the same day.

I am wondering is this a normal, normie NT reaction or purely autism? Either way, I don't think that jank benefits normies either. I do feel animosity towards devs that put jank in their games and it does feel dystopian.

I really dislike such things, depending on what it is, but I'm more used to it now than other people. It might have to do with autism, structures of websites, menus I heard can make it easier or harder for us. I have a friend on the spectrum who is really annoyed by such things, he will give up and such things can destroy his experience.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 8:43 pm

Lecia_Wynter wrote:
Games seem to have an ungodly amount of jank these days, but this thread is more about autism. . .
Bait & Switch, anyone?

:roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 12:41 pm

I don't think game developers are putting jank in their game, it just sounds like a glitch.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Apr 2023, 9:40 am

klanka wrote:
What do you mean by jank? Something jarring?

I don't think that is an NT response. Don't know what the official term is for that.

Jarring is the same as jank.

Rexi wrote:
I really dislike such things, depending on what it is, but I'm more used to it now than other people. It might have to do with autism, structures of websites, menus I heard can make it easier or harder for us. I have a friend on the spectrum who is really annoyed by such things, he will give up and such things can destroy his experience.

You and your friend sound like people I can relate to.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

03 Apr 2023, 11:48 am

^ :heart:

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.