What are your favorite video game characters?

Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2007, 3:55 am

Mega Man series: Mega Man, and X.

Final Fantasy Series: Kefka & Setzer (FF6), Cecil Harvey & Kain Highwind (FF4), Squall, Laguna & Zell (FF8).

Metal Gear Series: Snake, Otakon & Revolver Ocelot.

Chrono Trigger; Chrono & Ayla

TheAPERSON
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2007, 8:31 am

Kefka has all the best quotes doesn't he. "There's a reason oppose rhymes with dispose."

RedMageIngus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Oct 2007, 5:24 pm

I like the jester girl in Bust-A-Move 3 DX, but I can't remember her name...

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2007, 6:36 pm

I forgot all about Gex! One of the funniest characters ever, even if the games were only so-so.

RedMageIngus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Oct 2007, 6:40 pm

DejaQ wrote:
I forgot all about Gex! One of the funniest characters ever, even if the games were only so-so.

I'm playing Gex: Enter The Gecko right now! Gex is cool.

violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2007, 7:57 am

Master Chief was one of my favourites, until I met the guy.
Turns out he's a bit of a let down... he couldn't even move from the spot, let alone come down the stairs to say hi. Had to let myself into his house. He didn't seem to mind striking a pose for the photo, though.
We go way back.

retroboy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Oct 2007, 3:56 pm

All Nintendo characters. You can't even name one that I don't like or haven't heard of. And all the Sonic characters are good too... well, except for Big.

RedMageIngus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2007, 10:06 pm

retroboy wrote:
All Nintendo characters. You can't even name one that I don't like or haven't heard of. And all the Sonic characters are good too... well, except for Big.

Do you like Birdo? :P

the sonic fan 2002
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jul 2023, 5:35 pm

This is my list of my favorite video game characters:
1.- sonic the hedgehog
2.- Mario
3.- crash bandicoot
4.- spyro the dragon
5.- rayman
6.- pac-man
7. donkey kong
8.- bomberman
9.- mega man
10.- klonoa
11.- taizo hori(aka. dig dug)
12.- susumu hori (aka. mr. driller)
13.- cuphead
14.- sir arthur from ghost n' goblins
15.- bub from bubble bobble
16.-ratchet and clank
17.- morrigan aensland from darkstalkers
18.- kirby
19.- NiGHTS
20.- ristar the shooting star

[url=dailymotion.com/thesonicfan2002]my dailymotion[/url]

Last edited by the sonic fan 2002 on 14 Jul 2023, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeh666452
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Apr 2024, 10:18 pm

Just Monika.

ElmersTrueLove
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Apr 2024, 10:02 am

Mario, Peach, Daisy, Zelda, Samus, Palutena, Isabelle, Elmer from Animal Crossing, Raymond from Animal Crossing, Olimar, Yellow Pikmin, Amy Rose, Blue Suede Goo, Taffy, Elmer and his Personas from World of Mayhem, Swampy, Undyne, Wailmer, Gallade, Patra, Cala Maria

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

ElmersTrueLove
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Apr 2024, 10:03 am

retroboy wrote:

What about Wendy Koopa? :P

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 10:49 am

Resident Evil games

Ada Wong in Resident Evil 2 (original and remake), Resident Evil 4, and Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (Death's Door level).

Carlos Oliveira in Resident Evil 3 (original and remake)

Excella Gionne in Resident Evil 5

In Resident Evil Outbreak I also liked Yoko Suzuki as well as Alyssa Ashcroft, Cindy Lennox, David King, and Mark Wilkins.

Silent Hill Games

Maria in Silent Hill 2 and Heather in Silent Hill 3. I wonder how many gamers realized the irony that neither of these heroines had a "natural" birth unlike the male heroes? Harry, James, and Henry were all pretty ordinary guys but Maria was a doppleganger created out of Jame's damaged psyche and a desire to see his late wife again, while Heather was the third reincarnation of Alessa the girl chosen as a sacriface by the town's cult to "birth god" (her second reincarnation was Cheryl the adopted daughter of Harry in the first game).

Fatal Frame games

Mio and Mayu from Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly. The whole creepy psychic twin sisters thing was very effective for a Japanese horror game focused on ghosts.

Siren

Reiko Takato: The brave schoolteacher who protected her young student Harumi while armed with a crowbar, and even after her death while she became an undead shibito she was still protecting Harumi right up until the very end allowing the girl to escape.

Naoko Mihama: The former fashion model turned washed-up actress now hosting a low budget TV show who found herself trapped in the cursed village of Hanuda. She didn't really have a pleasant personality and seemed very self-centered, but her death gave me some sympathy for her because she hopelessly gave up and submerged herself into the red water to become a shibito mumbling to herself "eternal youth..." over and over again.

It served as a reminder of the darkside of showbusiness and how many actors and actresses lose their fame as they age and start throwing their lives away. So in a way she was a tragic character.

I also liked Hisako Yao as the primary villain because she was based off the myth of Yaobikuni, the immortal Japanese priestess/nun who became cursed with immortality after eating the flesh of a sea monster.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2024, 9:40 pm

For other games...

I liked the Gerudo Warrior women in The Legend of Zelda games. They were very amazon-like.

In the Yakuza games I'd say Shun Akiyama was my favorite protagonist. I could understand his pov about wanting people who were desperate for another chance work hard for the money he loans out and not just handing people money because he "felt sorry for them".

Me and my mom were almost homeless ourselves after she divorced her second husband but I still remember her working 2 jobs to pay off our trailer so we would always have a home.

In Siren: Blood Curse Melissa Gale was my favorite character for very much the same reason Reiko Takato was in the first game (a protective mother who sacrifaced herself to save her young daughter).

In Way of the Samurai 4 the Kinugawa sisters were interesting villains because they were hardcore sadists just like their father (I would jokingly call them "The Kinky Sisters" :lol: ). Also I liked the young British Ambassador Laura. She was the only character out of the three factions who had genuine compassion for others and wasn't acting out of pure self-intetest.

In Fallout 3 my fav companions were Clover the brainwashed slavegirl who is implied to have suffered PTSD at the hands of her capturers and Charon the ghoul bodyguard is also brainwashed like Clover but unlike Clover he still maintains a moral compass and will murder his master if his master fires him after commiting a lot of evil deeds.

In Streets of Rage my fav playable character is Blaze.

In GoldenAxe I like Tyris Flare the amazon

In Castlevania: The Dracula X chronicles I prefer playing as Maria because of her power to summon the Four Sacred Beasts of China (Dragon, Phoenix, Tortoise, and Tiger). Plus she can summon white doves too.

In Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night I like playing as the vampire lady with the red umbrella named Bloodless

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2024, 11:05 pm

Edgy the Hedgy and Miles Prowler.

Now that I think of it there's not many video game characters I remember well enough to like or dislike.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2024, 11:25 pm

Also Daniella the creepy unfeeling maid in Haunting Ground.