Any Final Fantasy Fans or rpg fans in general?

Page 2 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 9:39 pm

The only Final Fantasy games i've played are X and XII. X i disliked because the storyline was rather sappy (All Tidus did was whine about Yuna's iminent death, and if it weren't for Auron i would have quit before the guardians reached Bevelle). XII is a little better, so far. For some strange reason Balthier remids me of Han Solo from everyone-knows-where. They must be the same character archetype. Anyways, it's a lot more action and a little less drama. Not that drama's bad, of course, but it gets excessive in FFX...

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 11:38 pm

Has anyone in PAL territories played Xenosaga 2? I've heard it's good but I don't know if it's worth getting if I can't play the first.

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 12:25 am

I've never gotten into FF or WoW, but I love a good RPG on occasion. I've played: D&D, Vampire, Mage, and Werewolf.

Quest_techie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2007, 6:43 am

I quite enjoy rpg's

Hoorahville
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jan 2007, 8:32 pm

I lost interest in Final Fantasy around the same time FF8 came out. The storylines and character dialogue seem prepubescent at best for most new RPG, and I just can't force myself to get into it.

FF6 is still one of my favorite RPGs/games of all time, however. Pretty much any RPG that came out on the NES or SNES that I've played was enjoyable.

Indigo Prophecy is a more recent game I can think of that I really liked, although it falls more under the adventure realm. I've found many genres have been making major advances in the quality of their story though, particularly FPS games.

Jameson
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 1:14 pm

I love the FF games. I have every one of them that was released on PS1. Don't have a PS2, so I haven't really played X, X-2, or XII yet. My favorites in the series are 5 and 9, with 8 in a close third.

I play a lot of RPGs... Guild Wars on my computer, and D&D every weekend with friends.

Air·is·water·with·holes·in·it. Think·honk·if·you're·a·telepath. Never·call·a·man·a·fool.·Borrow·from·him. A·tautology·is·a·thing·which·is·tautological. Hi!·I'm·a·.signature·virus!·Copy·me·into·your·~/.signature·to·help·me·spread!

leon93
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jan 2007, 11:52 pm

I love Final Fantasies 7, 8, 9, 10, and 10-2

CTCD
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Feb 2007, 11:36 am

I'm a huge RPGer or video gamer in general! Final Fantasy 10 got me into RPGs and remans to be one of my favorite FF's.

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2007, 3:28 pm

When I hear "RPG" I immediately think of the table-top kind... the kind played with dice, character sheets, rulebooks, and a Game Master running the scenario. And I've been playing that kind of RPG game for almost 30 years. Favourite games include Champions, Traveller, and BattleTech.

KurtmanJP
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2007, 4:10 pm

Flagg wrote:
All of the FF's but 3 (American numbering) and Tactics were horrid honestly.

Tactics was awful. I had no idea what the hell I was doing in it!

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 8:31 pm

This is a nice spoof video on Youtube that people here might like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPutYwiiE0o

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2007, 12:13 am

I love the FF series, as well as the KH games, as well as (if you could call them RPGs, as they have some elements) Parasite Eve II, The Legend of Zelda games, and the original Legacy of Kain game, Blood Omen.

I have played all (numbered) Final Fantasy games except III, XI and XII, and I haven't played V all the way to the end.

On sabbatical...

Jameson
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2007, 12:16 am

Quatermass wrote:
I love the FF series, as well as the KH games, as well as (if you could call them RPGs, as they have some elements) Parasite Eve II, The Legend of Zelda games, and the original Legacy of Kain game, Blood Omen.

I have played all (numbered) Final Fantasy games except III, XI and XII, and I haven't played V all the way to the end.

You should finish V. It's one of my favorites (along with VIII and IX).

Air·is·water·with·holes·in·it. Think·honk·if·you're·a·telepath. Never·call·a·man·a·fool.·Borrow·from·him. A·tautology·is·a·thing·which·is·tautological. Hi!·I'm·a·.signature·virus!·Copy·me·into·your·~/.signature·to·help·me·spread!

agent79
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2007, 12:24 am

I absolutely LOVE Morrowind and Oblivion. I played Diablo 2 (online) for years.

I have beaten all but one teensy side quest in Morrowind---logging in a few hundred hours of my life...

I have only 2 characters in Oblivion. One just logged in 197 hours. The other a mere 25 hours...she's practically a baby.

I ended my run with D2 when they reset the server for the third time within 18 months. I was QUITE irritated.

I've always wanted to play a FF game, but have never had the opportunity.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2007, 12:52 am

Jameson wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

You should finish V. It's one of my favorites (along with VIII and IX).

I will, when FFV Advance comes out in Australia in March or April. (I had played it on the PS1 port, but had sold it some time ago)

My favourites are FFVI-X-2, but my stand out favourite is FFIX.

On sabbatical...

Anxiled
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Feb 2007, 4:47 am

I've played the original when it first came out, and the only other one I've played is X(the one with blitzball), which I finally finished two years ago, after owning it for 3 years. I found some of the sidequests to get ultimate weapons, especially the butterfly catch, too difficult and annoying to complete. Excellent gameplay and storyline in X, except I wish they didn't have those sidequests. After capturing 10 of each monster, my party was invincible, and the rest of the games, especially the ending, was much too easy. Up until I went on the ultimate weapons sidequests, the battles were very tense because I was very close at some points of being defeated, which would have meant that I would have to restart from a previous point much further back because I had not encountered a save game globe in quite a while. ALso, dodging lightning bolts for something like 300 consecutive times to get a weapon was a waste of time.

I also got the expansion to X, the one with the all girl party, and starts at the rock concert. I could not even get interested at the very beginning because the combat was real time.Trying to instantaneously figure out whose turn it was to fight was annoying. Especially when trying to figure out which type of spell to cast. Gave up on it, but I might try again.

Does the latest reincarnation of FF have real time combat?