Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

iBlockhead
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Sep 2014, 11:43 pm

This lets me put one of my favorite "Vines" up:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylo10GeIrdM[/youtube]

Guns beat Homicidal Animatronics anyday. Until they go to the gun store and learn to use guns, but thankfully the liquor store is in between so they might get drunk and never care.

McD's also unveiled this in the US recently:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTMuLeoy4Es[/youtube]

HamtaroCappy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2014, 5:36 pm

I definitely do have an interest in this game, but I am scared to play it and don't want to pay for it.

When I was a kid and used to go to Chuck E. Cheese, I remember being creeped out by the animatronics, but only Chuck E. and that cowboy dog. They way all of them blinked scared me, though.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2014, 6:00 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l18A5BOTlzE[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2014, 6:19 pm

Wanna know saomething really scary? Google search freddys pizza or freddy fazbears pizza on Google maps!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2014, 6:21 pm

Casandraelf wrote:
How many of you have actually been to a Chuck E Cheese or something similar? The robotic figures can look freaky as hell.

I can only imagine how horrifying it would be if they were actual robots and not animatronics stuck to one place. It'd probably be 5 Nights for real.

i have been a few times as a kid. they did nothing to me, i hardly remember them.

what was scarier was running out of gas on the highway leaving that place, which almost happened once.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 12:13 am

Image 8O https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fredd ... 931caf2f87

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 8:21 am

That... just.... no.

Also I bought the game myself, both PC and iOS versions, but havent tried it yet.... bought a few games in the last week, havent tried ANY of them yet, been obsessing too much over a programming sort of thing. Today though, gonna try them all! Provided I can remember what they all are aside from Freddy's.

From everything I've seen of it, Freddy's looks pretty fun. Though it looks like it can have it's frustrating moments.... such as Bonnie appearing at the doorway every .00001 seconds in the later days, or Foxy just crashing into the door and sucking power out of it. Though, THAT part is pretty hilarious, really. When you know he's coming and manage to get the door shut before he gets there, there'll be that THUD noise when he arrives, and I always imagine him running face-first into the door. Embarrassed, he outright warps back to Pirate's Cove and closes the curtain.

Also, the fanbase for the game can get REALLY strange sometimes.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 8:31 pm

The SpongeBob Version
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RyWpq4109o[/youtube]

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2014, 6:45 am

Well I finally gave this a go, bought both versions of it and tried out the iOS version first so I wouldnt have to use the mouse too much. Good thing, too, because the game gets FRANTIC quickly. Would have been a ton of clicking, and my arm is a bit flared up.

Got to the 4th night, though barely, Freddy nearly ate me on day 2 (ended during his out-of-power song), and Foxy nearly got me on day 3. In the end, it was the Bonnie & Chica tag-team that got me. Pretty sure that damn chicken got in at exactly the time when I was closing the door on Bonnie. Probably gonna take awhile for me to beat this one... well, to reach day 6 at least.

And omigod volume. It amazes me, sometimes, as to just how much of a soundsplosion the iPad is capable of putting out.

Fun game though, I like this one. The developer did a grand job on this. Will be buying the sequel, whenever exactly that comes out. Has the typical super-vague "game isnt even close to finished" release date of just "2015".

It's also good that a full run at the game doesnt take very long, each day being fairly short. I dont need two freaking hours available when I want to have a go at it, unlike many other games I can think of.

LupineSnowstorm
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 5:29 am

I've just started playing it on the ipad and iphone version (and I'm hoping to get the full version once it goes on steam) I don't find it scary so much as really, really frustrating. In fact I don't think I've ever had as much annoyance for a fictional character as I do for Bonnie whenever she/he/whatever it is teleports to the door before it even reaches 2 am.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 7:17 am

LupineSnowstorm wrote:
I've just started playing it on the ipad and iphone version (and I'm hoping to get the full version once it goes on steam) I don't find it scary so much as really, really frustrating. In fact I don't think I've ever had as much annoyance for a fictional character as I do for Bonnie whenever she/he/whatever it is teleports to the door before it even reaches 2 am.

It's worth noting that the iOS version is a port; and it was altered to fit the platform. Each day is MUCH shorter, and the game's pace is very ramped up as a result. It gets frantic quickly. Much faster than the PC version. Your power also drains much faster, to accomodate for the shorter timeframe; as such, your time to look around with the camera and such is more limited.

As for Bonnie, like the other 4 he's got relatively set patterns/abilities. The main things to remember about him are: 1. He can only come through the left door. and 2, he's the most aggressive of the characters. And 3, like Chica, he'll typically stand in front of the door like an idiot for a time before actually entering (though both will enter faster in this version). When you've got doors open and want to check the camera, my suggestion is to always hit the lights on each side first, particularly the left one for Bonnie, so if he's there, you can shut it before checking the cameras. You dont have to do it for Chica as much if you're paying attention to her, as she gets around alot slower than Bonnie does. If you see that she's nearby though, THEN make sure to check the right door every time as well. And dont stay in camera mode too long.

Though once you get to day 3 or 4, Freddy becomes a much worse threat than Bonnie does.

In all honesty I think the game is pretty fun once you get an idea for how each of the different characters behaves. Learning how each one moves and what they're capable of is super important. Freddy is the most difficult one to understand, and HE can teleport into the office itself if you have both doors closed for longer than a very short time (though I dont think he'll do that if both Bonnie and Chica are at the doors at the same time). The 5th character pops directly into the office as well if you find him, but.... well, I wont give anything away there in case you dont know about that one yet.

LupineSnowstorm
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 7:54 am

Quote:
once you get to day 3 or 4, Freddy becomes a much worse threat than Bonnie does.

Uh-oh 8O

The last time I played it I had somehow managed to get through night three without getting caught (the power went out about half a second before it turned 6 am so I think I got lucky more than anything.) I have a feeling I'm going to have a rough time beating the next night when I get home...

P.S I think one of the reasons I didn't find it that scary was that I played it during the day so maybe I should wait until night or go to a dark place to make it seem more authentic :D

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 8:16 am

LupineSnowstorm wrote:
Quote:
once you get to day 3 or 4, Freddy becomes a much worse threat than Bonnie does.

Uh-oh 8O

The last time I played it I had somehow managed to get through night three without getting caught (the power went out about half a second before it turned 6 am so I think I got lucky more than anything.) I have a feeling I'm going to have a rough time beating the next night when I get home...

P.S I think one of the reasons I didn't find it that scary was that I played it during the day so maybe I should wait until night or go to a dark place to make it seem more authentic :D

Yeah, day 4 is a snot. Freddy will be alot more active, Bonnie will go berserk, Foxy will repeatedly try to implement his brilliant strategy of crashing face-first into the door over and over again to drain your power (seriously, he gets alot more active on nights 4 through 6, and if he smacks into the door more than twice, you're probably screwed due to how much power he'll steal), and Chica... will continue being Chica.

As for how scary the game is or isnt, that one's really going to differ from one player to the next. Alot of it comes down to the atmosphere, and how scary the animatronics are to you exactly. But what the game is really good at is creating tension. You know those things are out there, you know they're moving, and you know you're dead if they get in, but you can never QUITE tell what they'll do next and you cant quite keep track of all of them at the same time... so you never know just when one of them will shriek in your face and kill you. PARTICULARLY with Freddy. Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy, all have specific timings for all of their jumpscares... Freddy does not. If he's in the room with you, he'll wait a very random amount of time before going bonkers, wheras Bonnie/Chica only attack once you pull that camera back down (though they'll just outright yank it out of your hands if they're in the room and you are in camera mode too long). That being his "normal" kill, not his "power is out" kill. And of course, you have that very limited power.... tension, yeah, the game is bloody good at it, haha.

LupineSnowstorm
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 10:42 am

Misery wrote:
As for how scary the game is or isnt, that one's really going to differ from one player to the next. Alot of it comes down to the atmosphere, and how scary the animatronics are to you exactly. But what the game is really good at is creating tension. You know those things are out there, you know they're moving, and you know you're dead if they get in, but you can never QUITE tell what they'll do next and you cant quite keep track of all of them at the same time... so you never know just when one of them will shriek in your face and kill you. PARTICULARLY with Freddy. Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy, all have specific timings for all of their jumpscares... Freddy does not. If he's in the room with you, he'll wait a very random amount of time before going bonkers, wheras Bonnie/Chica only attack once you pull that camera back down (though they'll just outright yank it out of your hands if they're in the room and you are in camera mode too long). That being his "normal" kill, not his "power is out" kill. And of course, you have that very limited power.... tension, yeah, the game is bloody good at it, haha.

I have to say that I think that FNAF does the whole jump-scare/suspense form of horror a lot better than quite a lot of other horror games such as Slender (I hear amnesia is also pretty good at it but I haven't got round to playing it yet) I'm not saying that Slender isn't scary but I personally think that the little details (such as the room where you can't see anything going on but can hear them clanking about, and how your predecessor keeps insisting that you're not in any danger) that make the game so incredibly creepy.

corvuscorax
Toucan
Toucan

14 Oct 2014, 10:52 am

Am I the only one who genuinely finds FNAF absolutely hilarious? I worked at Chuck E Cheese's before and it's just hilarious to think that a contemporary of those animatronics would be going around and killing people. Also, Foxy and his PITTERPATTER PITTERPATTER as he runs down the hallway makes me crack up. He's easily my favourite character. He's just trying to check up on you!

"Don't be That One Aspie..."

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2014, 6:29 am

LupineSnowstorm wrote:
I have to say that I think that FNAF does the whole jump-scare/suspense form of horror a lot better than quite a lot of other horror games such as Slender (I hear amnesia is also pretty good at it but I haven't got round to playing it yet) I'm not saying that Slender isn't scary but I personally think that the little details (such as the room where you can't see anything going on but can hear them clanking about, and how your predecessor keeps insisting that you're not in any danger) that make the game so incredibly creepy.

Yeah, I agree.

Heck, I've been watching an LP of Amnesia (this is also how I found out about Freddy's, and how I find out about a good number of games overall), and.... hmmm. Honestly, even that just doesnt QUITE do it for me. Dont get me wrong, it's still high on the freaky meter, but I dont think it at all hits Freddy's level. Even just WATCHING someone play Freddy's you can still really feel the tension from it, but alot of horror games dont manage this. Particularly since alot of them are using scripted events, and there tends to be clues/foreshadowing, intended or not, that can give you a hint like "Oh, wait, it's starting to look funky... there's probably some horrible thing up ahead". You cant really do that in this game, since nothing is really scripted and the AI can behave however it bloody well wants to; the only real restriction is Freddy not moving before day 3. And the ATMOSPHERE of it. Not to mention the "helpless" feeling it creates, unlike horror games where you can bash enemies with a crowbar (I seriously get NOTHING out of that type. Those just arent horror games to me, really...). The only other game I've seen that seems to really do this right (in my opinion) is one of the Slenderman ones.... I forget exactly which. But it has that exact same "not totally scripted, even if you've played it before you cant KNOW just what he's gonna do" aspect to it. I think that helps a ton. Yet more reason why I love games that have alot of random/procedural elements instead of scripted stuff.

Quote:
Am I the only one who genuinely finds FNAF absolutely hilarious? I worked at Chuck E Cheese's before and it's just hilarious to think that a contemporary of those animatronics would be going around and killing people. Also, Foxy and his PITTERPATTER PITTERPATTER as he runs down the hallway makes me crack up. He's easily my favourite character. He's just trying to check up on you!

Hah, yes, I can agree with that. The game seems to manage to be both really scary and really funny at the same time depending on what's happening. It gets a giggle out of me every single time Foxy crashes into the door. Makes me think of Wile E. Coyote. Too bad that so far this is usually followed up by Chica (it's ALWAYS Chica) screaming in my face a minute later.... sigh. Still on night 4 here, both versions.