Hmm, nah, never thought about it. 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
NEVER! I'll never do it! 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 30

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2015, 6:00 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
^ If they go for that, I don't think a lot of people will bother, so that would likely be the end of it for YouTube. I really hope it doesn't come to that because YT is so much bigger than its competitors and have so many good channels.

You're probably right!
youtube is one of the most successful video site and they make millions already, if they start charging they will lose out as people will boycott youtube, it's just something they will try and do just to make more money out of greed. They tried it with facebook, they wanted to charge people to use it a few years back but luckily it didn't come to that, as people would refuse too.

If youtube does however try to charge people, I will use vimeo instead.

brandonb1312
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Oct 2015, 6:03 pm

I had a channel where I talked about gaming news but I eventually stopped caring about gaming news so I got rid of it. I had like 120 subs

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2015, 10:34 pm

sorrowfairiewhisper wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:
^ If they go for that, I don't think a lot of people will bother, so that would likely be the end of it for YouTube. I really hope it doesn't come to that because YT is so much bigger than its competitors and have so many good channels.

You're probably right!
youtube is one of the most successful video site and they make millions already, if they start charging they will lose out as people will boycott youtube, it's just something they will try and do just to make more money out of greed. They tried it with facebook, they wanted to charge people to use it a few years back but luckily it didn't come to that, as people would refuse too.

I heard about the new YouTube service where you pay a certain amount of money a month for an advertisement free experience. Ads keep the web free to use, you know. I'd turn my ad blocker off at least once per visit a day or once per viewing of any video.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2015, 12:27 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:

You're probably right!

I heard about the new YouTube service where you pay a certain amount of money a month for an advertisement free experience. Ads keep the web free to use, you know. I'd turn my ad blocker off at least once per visit a day or once per viewing of any video.

I just keep mine on at all times.

I figure, if people want these ads to be viewed, it's time to learn that doing things like having a big shrieking ad suddenly leap in front of the screen is *not* a good way to get a customer's attention to focus on your product. Or a variety of other hyper-annoying ways of doing things. I mean, I often wonder, dont these people ever TEST these ads themselves? See just how goddamn obnoxious they are? I personally will often indeed base purchases on ads like that: I'll make SURE to buy the COMPETITOR'S product if your product was screamed at me by an internet ad. That sort of thing. I mean, really, they're THAT annoying in so many cases.

The moment when ad execs suddenly realize "hey, most of this crap we're doing is unbelievably annoying, let's try something new" is the moment when I'll consider turning mine off. That moment.... is probably about 2 billion years from now. Ad execs on the Net arent exactly the brightest bulbs.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2015, 11:22 am

Misery wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:

You're probably right!

I just keep mine on at all times.

I figure, if people want these ads to be viewed, it's time to learn that doing things like having a big shrieking ad suddenly leap in front of the screen is *not* a good way to get a customer's attention to focus on your product. Or a variety of other hyper-annoying ways of doing things. I mean, I often wonder, dont these people ever TEST these ads themselves? See just how goddamn obnoxious they are? I personally will often indeed base purchases on ads like that: I'll make SURE to buy the COMPETITOR'S product if your product was screamed at me by an internet ad. That sort of thing. I mean, really, they're THAT annoying in so many cases.

The moment when ad execs suddenly realize "hey, most of this crap we're doing is unbelievably annoying, let's try something new" is the moment when I'll consider turning mine off. That moment.... is probably about 2 billion years from now. Ad execs on the Net arent exactly the brightest bulbs.

Most ads have become intrusive nowadays. I remember years ago, I was up late at night and an ad came on screen and it was so loud, it woke everybody up and I was like "Shut up, shut up, shut up!" My first reaction was to hold the power button to shut down the computer.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Phemto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Oct 2015, 11:34 am

My son and I (both ASD) started a Minecraft channel. We had to stop over the summer, but will be picking it up again after Halloween. I'm currently slogging through edits for the next batch of episodes.

Derolis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Oct 2015, 12:55 pm

I've never really talked or showed my face, but I made a fair bit of TAS Gameplay videos and assorted pointless gameplay. The most I've ever gotten is like, 4000 views on a 6 second video of me killing a boss in half a second without any TAS. I wasn't doing it for views though, I just kinda liked the idea of having something new to try.

Bentastic197
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Nov 2015, 1:46 am

I have a youtube account with around 322 subs. My channel isn't any special in anyway. As for my gaming vids, I think my commentary is god awful.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDQpF-VNAQuQ0HJK6SB9A-w

Here's some of my Music Videos and Gaming Vids:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2015, 2:50 am

i had a few tip/tutorial videos i made in windows movie maker in 6th to 7th grade about some online physics flash game that i don't even remember. ah, i miss the days of fully customizeable channels...

all gone. never going back. i try to limit my interaction with everyone there to maximum... 8)

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

PrincessGamer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Nov 2015, 11:40 am

Hi my 5 year old daughter is also addicted in watching commentators in youtube and is also planning to commentate on video games and put it on youtube. Me and her dad are still saving for her computer that can be used in making good videos and buying some good videocam and a good mic. Hopefully she can start next year. We gave her a limit of one episode a day so she can still concentrate on her studies while pursuing her dream. I hope you can give me tips on how she can be successful in her venture. She sometimes thinks of the thumbs up and down and the number of her viewers and the what if's part if no one will want her channel or not. I also told her that it takes time and what is important is that she is having fun and that she is learning from all the rejections and how she can be better of it.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2015, 1:13 pm

I did a live stream once just for fun on YouTube. Does that count?

I didn't do commentary though.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 4:21 am

PrincessGamer wrote:
Hi my 5 year old daughter is also addicted in watching commentators in youtube and is also planning to commentate on video games and put it on youtube. Me and her dad are still saving for her computer that can be used in making good videos and buying some good videocam and a good mic. Hopefully she can start next year. We gave her a limit of one episode a day so she can still concentrate on her studies while pursuing her dream. I hope you can give me tips on how she can be successful in her venture. She sometimes thinks of the thumbs up and down and the number of her viewers and the what if's part if no one will want her channel or not. I also told her that it takes time and what is important is that she is having fun and that she is learning from all the rejections and how she can be better of it.

Just be warned about one thing: Comments. You might want to set it either so that her videos dont allow comments at all, or so that comments need to be reviewed by you before they are able to appear.

Otherwise, there's too much chance of attracting extremely offensive trolls and jerks that spout things you probably wouldnt want her exposed to.

Youtube is an EXTREMELY toxic place. Normally, it's not at all meant for younger kids. It's infamous for the comments sections being absolutely horrible, filled with insults, swearing, and people telling others to go kill themselves.

Really, I cannot overstate how bad it can get.

Rockymtchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2015, 4:25 am

If YouTube ever goes "pay", I'm probally out. Otherwise look at KG2STV and you might see me in a few.

PrincessGamer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Nov 2015, 9:10 am

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Anyway it will still be next year because her dad's pc is not yet set for doing videos. We'll just try and then keep a blog of her daily videos. We just want her to start early so she can learn of styles that can help her in commentating.

PrincessGamer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Nov 2015, 3:09 am

Hi guys I have captured my daughter's video games commentating on Octodad on my cellphone. It's just to check if she is doing fine and to know if she has to improve on something. I hope you watch it and try to comment on ways where she can improve or ways she is doing fine. Thanks for your support guys. Here is the link on the channel I built for her. Thanks in advance for the advices.

https://youtu.be/wkktyQvfGcw

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2015, 3:36 am

I personally would not make a Youtube channel as I play games for fun and would see uploading them as doing it not for fun. That is just my personal opinion. I do like watching certain gameplay stuff but doing it myself is not for me.