Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jun 2009, 10:36 am

I now have the game and have been playing it for about a day and a half. So far I am not enjoying it too much, but I think it's because I am not aware of all of the aspects of the game.

The job opportunity part is kind of confusing.

If you have the Sims 3 would you be willing to trade notes? So far Bumper Morgan, female, is doing ok. Her cooking skill is only average.

I'd love to hear from other players about their games. Please. :!:

Thanks. irene

drowbot0181
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 12:12 pm

I haven't really had any issues with the game. I'm still exploring all the different aspects. The ability to own shares in the various shops around town is interesting.
So far I've done really well, which I think I can credit to picking the Loner trait for my Sim. He is at the top of the science career and has earned several raises since then. I've got a big house worth about 150,000.
What seems to be giving you trouble?

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2009, 6:35 am

I have heard one reviewer say that "you only have limited control over your sim in other buildings", can anyone explain this? (I'm waiting a while to buy it, dont have the money).

And what Sims 2 expansion features are in? Can you live in apartments? Running your own business? Attending university?

I know that pets and seasons are not in.

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2009, 6:44 am

You certainly know a lot more about this game than I do. What's this about owning shares for the stores? Please give me more info.

My sim is also a loner and has received several promotions. It was great that having friends was not a requirement for a promotion. Right now I think she's on level 9 as a chef. Even with that there still isn't enough $$ to get a nice house. How did you get one for $150,000? Does he really make that kind of salary?

Also is it possible to view the house before you move into it? Did you buy the house furnished or unfurnished? If it was furnished did you make a lot of changes to it?

Have you used the opportunity part of the game? I used it a few times, sometimes I didn't have a clue how to complete the task.

Can you help me with any of these ??s? Thanks. irene

drowbot0181
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2009, 10:46 am

irene wrote:
You certainly know a lot more about this game than I do. What's this about owning shares for the stores? Please give me more info.

My sim is also a loner and has received several promotions. It was great that having friends was not a requirement for a promotion. Right now I think she's on level 9 as a chef. Even with that there still isn't enough $$ to get a nice house. How did you get one for $150,000? Does he really make that kind of salary?

Also is it possible to view the house before you move into it? Did you buy the house furnished or unfurnished? If it was furnished did you make a lot of changes to it?

Have you used the opportunity part of the game? I used it a few times, sometimes I didn't have a clue how to complete the task.

Can you help me with any of these ??s? Thanks. irene

I make about $900/HR. I also get a few thousand/week for each of the businesses I bought a stake in. And I get a little bit from book royalties, too.
I'm not sure if you have to do anything special to unlock the option to buy a business, other than just have enough money. It just all of a sudden showed up as an option when I clicked on a building. When do buy it, you can't really do anything except collect the money every week and fire people, change the name...etc. It's not like Open for Business.
As far as buying the new house, I bought it furnished, but made a LOT of changes to it. I moved the house to a different lot overlooking a private beach, added a deck and covered pool for about $15,000, added a basement, changed the interior rooms a bit. I spent a good two days working on the house.

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2009, 11:23 am

[quote] make about $900/HR. I also get a few thousand/week for each of the businesses I bought a stake in. And I get a little bit from book royalties, too.
I'm not sure if you have to do anything special to unlock the option to buy a business, other than just have enough money. It just all of a sudden showed up as an option when I clicked on a building. When do buy it, you can't really do anything except collect the money every week and fire people, change the name...etc. It's not like Open for Business.
As far as buying the new house, I bought it furnished, but made a LOT of changes to it. I moved the house to a different lot overlooking a private beach, added a deck and covered pool for about $15,000, added a basement, changed the interior rooms a bit. I spent a good two days working on the house.

You really are good with this game! How about if I were to add you as a friend on the Sims 3 website, that is if you are registered.

Could you pm when you learn other features. With the Sims 2 I never was able to make a zombie or a werewolf, have a successful business or build the house I would like to live in.

As you can tell I couldn't even figure out how to add a quote to my note.

irene