Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2009, 1:14 am

If you like adventure games, then I recommend Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. It's a beautiful mix of adventure, action and platform genres. It has also gunplay, but I can't say it's a shooter. The game has an update patch that includes the Trophies (I don't know if you are a trophie hunter :P)

btw, my PSN ID is SaxenHighwind :) I play MGO a lot

robbokris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jul 2009, 10:12 am

You could try Assassin's Creed, or Star Wars The Force Unleashed.

AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2009, 1:56 pm

robbokris wrote:
You could try Assassin's Creed, or Star Wars The Force Unleashed.

I've played the PS2 version of SW:TFU, and thought it was pretty average. A lot of gamers I've met actually hate Assassin's Creed.

SamuraiSaxen wrote:
btw, my PSN ID is SaxenHighwind Smile I play MGO a lot

I can't play online, because I don't have a wireless router. Plus, I don't even like to play online.

ihitterdal
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jul 2009, 7:48 pm

Valkyria Chronicles seems to be good, but it does feature shooter elements. Also, there is stuff like Rock Band 2, if you're into that sort of thing (I certainly am) and Tales of Vesperia when it comes out for the PS3. I would recommend BioShock, but even though it's half RPG, it's got quite a bit of shooter in there.

EnigmaticPhilosophy
Raven
Raven

29 Jul 2009, 10:43 am

The King of Fighters XII
BlazBlue
Disgaea 3
Cross Edge
Virtua Fighter 5
Tales of Vesperia (when it gets released for PS3)

AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2009, 10:19 pm

Averick wrote:
Do not buy InFamous!

There's no meat to this game.

I just got this game today for my birthday, and I think it's awesome. I chose this over Prototype, because of the Karma system (be good or be evil), and I would MUCH rather be a superhero than a supervillain. Although I haven't played all that much of it yet, I plan on playing it again tonight once I get off of WP.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2010, 11:15 pm

am not a GTA fan. All of the games in the series have done nothing for me but bore me to tears. The game play is repetitive, the characters aren't interesting, the controls are sloppy, and the story is forgettable. I know my statement is going to piss off a lot of gamers here, but please don't hate on me for not liking GTA.

Well you've just described how I feel about that cheap knock off "Saints Row" I've spoken to dudes at EB and they prefer Saints Row to GTA . 8O

PS as a fan of the series no I don't hate you That's irrational fanboyism! :lol:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2010, 11:37 pm

it safe to assume that I'm just getting burned out on gaming or have my choices been bad? I want to be a gamer, but I don't know if it's in me to even play anymore...

I feel the same way I felt that way since the Atari 2600 days! next gen consoles are likely to be coming soon so I suspect it may rekindle your love for gaming

I don't mind generic games as long as their done well, do you like Gears of War ?

And yes X box is flooded with these types of games, their target market is the loud ,young and boorish homophobic American gamer type.

iamtre
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jan 2010, 8:16 am

With your azumanga avatar I would be inclined to recommend Little Big Planet.
You will miss out on the interactive portion of the game but you will be able to play through the story line and create your own lvls to play yourself.

Don't judge a game til you tried it. I don't like the games you listed. (shooters, sports etc)

I played fallout and assassin's Creed II. Fallout was good and Assassin's Creed II was great.

An internet connection would help to download some games. some of the online games might be your taste.

Oblivion was great.

Also a game called Afrika which is a photo safari game. It may be hard to find. Good Luck.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2010, 9:36 pm

Assassin's Creed II was great.

Ditto, I have no idea how anyone could "hate" this game, repetitive game play perhaps? Even so I'd say this was a 10/10 game, a great way to end the decade. :)

iamtre
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2010, 11:54 am

only problem i'm seeing with assasin's creed II are the trophy glitches. Yes beware!

My husband played through and got EVERYTHING! but is missing a trophy for something he did. so no platinum for him lol.

I have seen some horror stories about it online and ppl had to play through twice to get the trophies completed sometimes.
It's still a great game and the trophy glitches shouldn't keep you from playing it.

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 4:10 pm

Uncharted 2 is also an incredible game for the PS3, as are the Ratchet and Clank series. Haven't picked up Assassin's Creed II, was leery after I played the first one and got bored so quickly. Also, FFXIII is coming out soon! Halleluah!

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

Birdface
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jan 2010, 10:08 pm

I guess you could try Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction (sequels: Quest for Booty, A Crack in Time)
Even though it has some guns in it, it;s still a really fun 3d platformer game :D
it has a setting to put it on easy, so you wouldn;t have to struggle trying to getthrough (even though some parts are a little hard ^_^;;, but still, it's a great game nonetheless)
I just hope it fits your criteria :)

DilbertIRL
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2010, 6:30 pm

I find the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games great. The guitar controller makes it quite expensive compared to most games, but I find it very relaxing. Perhaps it's just the music or perhaps it's that it's highly repetitive when I'm learning a new tune.

I should probably try and play a real guitar instead of playing games about playing guitar, but it's easier to get a tune out of the game.

AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 3:29 pm

iamtre wrote:
With your azumanga avatar I would be inclined to recommend Little Big Planet.

Already have it. It's really fun, but I don't like making levels, and I hate the fact that you can only collect certain items through co-op. Making costumes is fun though.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2010, 4:00 am

Demon's Souls. Best action RPG of 2009.