Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

CactusKid
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2009, 8:56 am

Who else plays this awesome game?!?! My 1st Rates pwn your frigates, Sir. 8)

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2009, 12:39 am

I have played about 5 online battles of this and a few A.I. games just last week. Seems a bit awkward compared to Rome Total War for me though.

What would be neat is if they had Triremes available, since then you'd just have to ram the enemy ships to sink them. Or at least have a boarding plank like the Romans did with their navy of Biremes, which made boarding a ship in full armor an easy task, and then the enemy has to face a hundred fully armed soldiers rather than a bunch of random people in white shirts jumping everywhere like crazy.

oppositedirection
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 11:14 am

Bought it the day it came out, realised it will one day but the greatest game for years, as soon as they finish it. Has the 1.3 patch done much?

CactusKid

03 Aug 2009, 7:52 pm

1.3 did much to make the game run far smoother, but hold out for 1.4 if you can. Hopefully then the diplomacy and AI will be improved...sigh.. :cry: ..TW is not as good as it used to be, although it is still a great game. Eventually they'll be able to patch this one up to par.

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2009, 9:48 pm

Yep, still waiting for these patches. I mean I played it the week it came out and it was great. Btw, 1st rates could beat a frigate, but c'mon, something that ship is just slow... Presently, only a few 1st rates could be afforded and most never saw combat. Frigates > 1st Rates. All about cost and effectiveness. (somewhere I know I'm going to get a "its a game") :P

Oh oh. 1vs1 Frigate vs 1st rate online battle :P? I want to see this owning of frigates by said 1st rate.

CactusKid

04 Aug 2009, 12:52 am

Ravenitrius wrote:
Yep, still waiting for these patches. I mean I played it the week it came out and it was great. Btw, 1st rates could beat a frigate, but c'mon, something that ship is just slow... Presently, only a few 1st rates could be afforded and most never saw combat. Frigates > 1st Rates. All about cost and effectiveness. (somewhere I know I'm going to get a "its a game") :P

Oh oh. 1vs1 Frigate vs 1st rate online battle :P? I want to see this owning of frigates by said 1st rate.

Of course you know...this means WAR.

What's your multiplayer name? I've never done it before lol. hehe :twisted:

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2009, 12:33 pm

you mean my "steam" name that I use?