Post random memories you have from generationIandIIofpokemon

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 6:06 am

When I was 6, I played pokemon red and I had trouble saving because I didn't know how to save, I was stuck on route 25 for a long time :lol:

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 6:25 am

When I first played pokemon, that being Yellow version, I didn't know how to get other pokemon I had caught, and was stuck in Cerulean City because I didn't know about the PC to get a pokemon that could use cut. Actually that game ended up getting dirty and damaged beyond proper use before I could get too far.

I also remember hanging out with a childhood friend and discussing things about Pokemon and discovering giving the Glitch Pokemon Rare Candy turned it into a Kangaskhan which had two water guns and Sky Attack. Oh how glitches were fun, I actually spent a considerable amount of time last night looking up on the glitches. :shaking2:

I would also like to throw in G/S/C I found a way to increase the chance of fishing up Gyarados at the lake by talking to the two trainers so they were both looking at you, then fishing in the middle of them.

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Feb 2010, 10:28 am

Too many to name. If it weren't for Pokemon, I probably wouldn't have had any friends. I had a lot of friends back then, but that's all I remember doing. Playing Pokemon, collecting anything that had even the slightest thing to do with Pokemon (and Pokemon stuff was EVERYWHERE), talking about Pokemon, trading Pokemon, playing the Pokemon Trading Card Game. So, yeah in short Pokemon was my entire Elementary School life.

Kaizer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2010, 1:06 pm

i love the pokemon games and anime
the first game i played belonged to a friend.
i think it was red version lol eventually i got my own and am still playing today lol its somewhere to vent my obssessive repetious nature :lol:

KWC10
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Feb 2010, 5:06 am

when i caught my first legendary bird i ran up and down the house yelling I CAUGHT A ZAPDOS

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2010, 12:17 pm

Pokémon Silver and Pokémon Snap
I was better at Silver than Snap :P

I collected Pokémon cards and I brought them to school a lot. I ended up trading a really good trading card for a useless card. I had no idea.

Elfnote
Raven
Raven

14 Feb 2010, 1:39 pm

When I first got blue, I did not like the game, because I didn't realize I had money or got it by fighting trainers, and as such didn't realize I could buy pokeballs or healing items.

In Gold, a friend showed me how to do a cloning trick involving switching the pc box and shutting off the game while it was saving. I did this quite a lot, but I remember one time I was cloning my starter, and when I started the game up again I had a Polywrath with a slightly glitchy sprite. I didn't clone anything for quite some time after that.

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2010, 10:48 am

Constantly playing those slot machines for a porygon

Kalikimaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Feb 2010, 10:58 am

I remember the day I caught a shiny. It was a Mareep. I squealed like a girl. Turned into a purple Ampharos. Good times.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2010, 10:58 am

Ebonwinter wrote:

I remember that! :) In the end, I bought most of the coins over the counter.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2010, 10:59 am

PLA wrote:
Ebonwinter wrote:

It took forever though.

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2010, 11:08 am

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
PLA wrote:
Ebonwinter wrote:

It took forever though.

I was also the first in my school to get one without cheating I have a good tempo for the machines

Lyriel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Feb 2010, 4:19 pm

I was 19 when I first gave Pokemon a try; it had been out here in the States for just over a year. I had rented a copy of Red from the local video store, just curious about what all the hype was about. I knew it was something I'd be interested in - I love JRPGs, and was totally hooked on the Monster Rancher series.

I played it ALL WEEKEND. Within a couple of weeks, I had my own copy of Blue (my then-boyfriend, who also got into it - at age 23 -, got his own copy of Red). We actually went to see the first movie in theaters (I think we were the only couple there that wasn't toting any kids), and we collected the Burger King kid's meal pack-ins.

A few months later Dragon Warrior Monsters came out, which both of us found far superior. :P Of course, that didn't stop us from getting G/S, either. :P

I didn't get into the Pokemon cards - I was already playing Magic: the Gathering, which was nerdy (and expensive) enough in and of itself. :P

SkittlesMcBingBing
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Feb 2010, 4:44 pm

I started with Leaf Green, so I... guess that's sort of generation 1.

I was pretty psyched when I learned that flying types are immune to ground moves. So I spent a lot of time leveling up my Farfetch'd in Diglett's Cave, taunting Dugtrio.

Just started a new file on Leaf Green today, in fact. Going for that blasted third legendary dog, Raikou. I'm definitely including a Raichu in my party this time, and looking forward to picking up more TM's and items for some teams I want to make later in HG.

If anyone wants to make party suggestions, so far I've only got Squirtle and Raichu planned.

I believe I am cousin.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2010, 6:21 pm

SkittlesMcBingBing wrote:
I was pretty psyched when I learned that flying types are immune to ground moves. So I spent a lot of time leveling up my Farfetch'd in Diglett's Cave, taunting Dugtrio.
Reminds me when I first went to Diglett's Cave, I was fighting a lot of the Diglett and a high level Dugtrio came and beat my training pokemon, but I was determined to then catch one.

I also at first beat Zapdos without catching it, ever since I have been very carefull to save first.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2010, 9:28 pm

My favorite memory also happens to be the last time I remember playing against anything but the AI. It was one of my friend's birthday parties, and we were playing the original Pokémon Stadium (this is a while ago, I don't even think Gold and Silver were out anywhere but Japan yet). He had beaten every other person at the party and was bragging about how he was unbeatable. He had his team of Pokémon that he had trained on his Game Boy (which included Mewtwo), and everybody else was battling with the rental Pokémon (if you've played Stadium, you know how much worse these are). I threw together a team after a little thought and beat him without losing a single Pokémon.